5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM leg pain

RickDerris

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with lower leg pain in their right leg (driving leg) in new RAM? I have had mine for about 3 weeks and I love the truck but constantly have lower leg soreness now. I have tried to adjust my seating position/height several times and it just brings new areas of soreness. I am a young guy and don’t have any ailments. I previously drove an Equinox and I drive a 2018 Ford F-150 all day at work and never any of these issues before.

2019 Delmonico Ram Laramie with bucket seats. 5.7 Liter V8

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with lower leg pain in their right leg (driving leg) in new RAM? I have had mine for about 3 weeks and I love the truck but constantly have lower leg soreness now. I have tried to adjust my seating position/height several times and it just brings new areas of soreness. I am a young guy and don’t have any ailments. I previously drove an Equinox and I drive a 2018 Ford F-150 all day at work and never any of these issues before.
It's funny that you mention this. I've encountered the phenomena of leg soreness due to "hovering" with my right foot while in adaptive cruise. It's not that I don't trust the system, but traffic is unpredictable enough to keep my on my guard...

RickDerris

Reaction score
Do you have adjustable pedals? I was having the same thing and adjusted my pedals back towards the firewall some; made a difference.
I was thinking about this as well. I’ll give this a try because it’s put my right leg to a limp most days. Overall I love this truck once I can get this straightened out. It’s the smoothest riding vehicle and quietest cab I’ve ever had

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep. Although I'm certainly not getting any younger and my body is riddled with old sports injuries, my right leg usually starts killing me a short time after I begin driving the truck. I tried playing with the seat adjustments...to no avail. Fortunately, I love driving it so much I deal with it. Like most things, it's difficult to make a one size fits all.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Srminosky I was having S.I. issue years ago myself (military injury started it), and I was told to move wallet to front pocket. Funny to this day when I see a doc or therapist they always say, "I see you carry your wallet in your front pocket" or "thank you for not carrying your wallet in your back pocket". I was driving a stickshift then and couldn't drive on a daily basis.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score

May sound silly, but you should take some measurements and see what you find out. You stated you drive in an 2018 Ford F-150 all day at work and no issues. Then you get into your RAM and most likely the difference of the pedals/positioning of feet/seat etc may be different enough to cause agitation. A bigger difference/example would be going from stick shift/pedal all day and then regular automatic. The difference in where your feet are placed/spaced/located/touching/resting could be factors.

Does the F150 have bucket seats too?
Ergonomically designed for the masses gets changed up quickly when given the ability to "adjust" everything from the seat/up/down/angled etc... to the pedals "adjustements" to the resting of opposite leg factors. Feet resting vs feet dangling can bring on tingling sensations of "body part going to sleep" type scenarios.

I would set up my RAM as close as possible to the measurements of the F150 (seat and pedals) as close as you can and see how that works out for a couple of weeks.

The Jarhead(ya know that is a compliment coming from an old Army dawg:)) Srminosky brought up excellent point about the wallet and sciatica issues!!! Could be the newer seat of the RAM repositions your wallet differently than the used seat of the F150 thus shifting your wallet to cause issues.

I don't know if you "literally" driver most of the day or just in and out of vehicle etc... if your not feeling all day and then suddenly feeling it in the RAM, sounds like adjustment issues. Like if you keep your head tilted at the wrong angle for hours sleeping and then waking up and trying to straighten it up/you get that feeling of the body saying ohhh noooo you had me positioned like a triangle so here is some pain for wanting to straighten me up now kinda thing. <----I am going through this now...lmao!!!

Another weird scenario is new shoes---don't laugh---coming from the Safety side of work we issued new fitted Redwing steel toe boots to 60+ people for safety purposes at manufacturing company. The "learning curve" those employees went through with the many different aches pains discomforts...to oh these feel great. Turned out many of them had been used to wearing sneakers/old worn boots/etc...leg/foot muscles/boots too heavy had to adjust to a quality boot. After few weeks "everyone" loved them once their body and minds adjusted (except 2--had to custom fit order--then they were good).

Just a few thoughts!!!

Last edited:

Pressgrove

Reaction score
You stated you drive in an 2018 Ford F-150 all day at work and no issues. Then you get into your RAM and most likely the difference of the pedals/positioning of feet/seat etc may be different enough to cause agitation.

If his other truck was a GM, I'd say he's used to the steering wheel being off-center ;).

The "learning curve" those employees went through with the many different aches pains discomforts...to oh these feel great. Turned out many of them had been used to wearing sneakers/old worn boots/etc

I came to the same realization, albeit in reverse. I ended up in a situation where I could wear sneakers to work some days. It only took me a couple of times to realize that just because I could, didn't mean I should. Even a pair of good dress shoes are better for all-day standing and than a pair of sneakers.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
If his other truck was a GM, I'd say he's used to the steering wheel being off-center ;).

I came to the same realization, albeit in reverse. I ended up in a situation where I could wear sneakers to work some days. It only took me a couple of times to realize that just because I could, didn't mean I should. Even a pair of good dress shoes are better for all-day standing and than a pair of sneakers.
Good point!!! I forgot up top to mention it was for safety purposes (I edited and inserted info) more so than your situation. But you bring up excellent point that how we go from shoes of style/fashion to shoes of comfort at different stages in life. I love a New Balance shoe now for the quality and comfort; where I loved Fila/Nike/Adidas for style back in the day. The best scenario is the "balance" between both comfort and style!!!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Ram has a higher seating position then most of the other trucks so you sit more like a tall chair with legs down rather then sitting lower with legs out to the front. This may be more comfortable for some and less for others. I don't get any leg pain but it make my ankle tired once in while when going from the gas to the break in heavy traffic. Still a very comfortable truck but I wish it had some more seat travel so I could sit further back.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Although I'm certainly not getting any younger and my body is riddled with old sports injuries...
That's the story of my life, including glasses just to read these forums. :LOL: 'Over 40' really is a *thing*. I've found that I have to try different things until I can find what works for me in my newly broken state.

Driving over long distances without using the cruise control is what tends to get to me. It's so easy to maintain speed/accelerate, I'm having to use light accelerator pressure. This causes the muscles on the front of my right lower leg to fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread