5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram "knocking" Sound When Turning

jisbrecht

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram and it has about 700 miles on it. After buying the truck, i noticed an occasional "knock" when i would take a corner and it sounds like its coming from the drivers side front wheel well. After driving it this morning, it made the knock several times. Any ideas?

I'm going to call the dealership today. Thanks

JayMann

Reaction score
Yep! I have the same sound.

Does it sound almost like metal on metal banging (almost like when you have a small empty trailer hitched up?)

If so, I've gotten down to the bottom of mine and it's the sway bar end links. They are either loose or are missing a bushing or something so the link and the sway bar clank together when the sway bar makes contact. There was a TSB for this for certain production dates but it's not out of the question that other RAMs would have this same problem. Should be as easy a fix as swapping out those end links with something that has the proper bushing on there to stop the racket.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep! I have the same sound.

Does it sound almost like metal on metal banging (almost like when you have a small empty trailer hitched up?)

If so, I've gotten down to the bottom of mine and it's the sway bar end links. They are either loose or are missing a bushing or something so the link and the sway bar clank together when the sway bar makes contact. There was a TSB for this for certain production dates but it's not out of the question that other RAMs would have this same problem. Should be as easy a fix as swapping out those end links with something that has the proper bushing on there to stop the racket.

Was your issue with the front or rear?

tfeth

Reaction score
I just took mine to the dealership. Said the front sway bars are done already... not sure if it is the bushing or what. But they’re replacing both no problem

JayMann

Reaction score
Was your issue with the front or rear?

It was with the front - they torqued them down and the sound went away. I THINK they may be loosening back up though after I put a good bit of weight in the bed (some lumber) so when I go in for the pedal recall (whenever I get around to it) I'm going to ask that they check these end links again.

Users who are viewing this thread