5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram issues in 2020 ???

JJSJ

Reaction score
Still researching which new truck to pick up soon. I'm interested in the longhorn 1500, but all the issues and problems they have, has me worried. Has ram gotten around to at least fixing the....

Front end popping
Freezing radio screen
Leaking sunroof
Poor a/c
Key fob recognition
???
I know there's more, but these are my main concerns. If anyone of these is still an issue in the 2020 models, I'm all set no matter how nice the interiors are. I'm still undecided in the 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 and 2020 Longhorn 1500. Of course I've researching those too. They dont seem to have nearly the amount of problems the ram has. And the few issues they do have are already being remedied. Any opinions would help...

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
Still researching which new truck to pick up soon. I'm interested in the longhorn 1500, but all the issues and problems they have, has me worried. Has ram gotten around to at least fixing the....

Front end popping
Freezing radio screen
Leaking sunroof
Poor a/c
Key fob recognition
???
I know there's more, but these are my main concerns. If anyone of these is still an issue in the 2020 models, I'm all set no matter how nice the interiors are. I'm still undecided in the 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 and 2020 Longhorn 1500. Reviewing the best obd2 scanner at Autoguysland. If you concern, you can access it. Of course I've researching those too. They dont seem to have nearly the amount of problems the ram has. And the few issues they do have are already being remedied. Any opinions would help...

According what i read, there is troutspinner answer:
"2020 isn’t going to bring some magical “new” problem free Ram. 2020 will simply mark that FCA, it’s dealers, techs and supporting industries will have a little more experience than they have today. Go get your Ram, it has a warranty and start reading the problem free thread here. There are many of us here who do not have any issues. Also realize that many issues posted on the internet are things people don’t understand, rather than actual problems.". So i think, you just get the one you like and enjoy it. If it has issue, figure out then.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too worried, my RAM is a Jan 2019 build which I bought at the end of June. Hasn't had a single issue, smooth driveline, no water leaks, no software issues, A/C is plenty cool, none of the problems noted (knock on wood). And trust me, I've very picky about my vehicles.

Remember that forums is where people go when they have issues and looking for answers. All these vehicles we buy are mass produced with tons of individual components and software, there are bound to be some issues somewhere, I'm honestly surprised on how little issues there are generally on modern vehicles. Considering how many of these trucks are out there, I don't think you are seeing an unusual amount of complaints.

If you read the Ford F150 and GM (Silverado/Sierra) forums, they have a very similar amount of complaint threads, not sure about just the GMC you noted. There is a pretty big list for rear window water leaks for the 2019 Silverado as an example.

Just get the vehicle you want for the best price you can negotiate. If issues come down the line, get them fixed at the dealer. This is pretty much the formula for all new vehicles regardless of make.

Last edited:

popcenator

Reaction score
I seriously wouldn't worry. I've always been against buying the first year of a redesign, but I have no regrets. The issues I've had were small and have already been addressed. I love driving it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

steveved

Reaction score
We bought our 2019 Ram Laramie on October 3 of 2018.

We don't have the sunroof, so no leak issues.
We have never had the screen lock up (but, we have the 8" screen, not the ipad size thing)
Our A/C works fine
Both keyfobs work fine
The front end pop thing was fixed when we took it in for the second service.

So, I would guess the problems you have read about are all from people who bought the very first ones.

Go over to the 2019 GM website and look at all the people who bought early trucks and had the rear window leak issue.

When you are an early adopter, you get to deal with all of the teething pains...

JJSJ

Reaction score
We bought our 2019 Ram Laramie on October 3 of 2018.

We don't have the sunroof, so no leak issues.
We have never had the screen lock up (but, we have the 8" screen, not the ipad size thing)
Our A/C works fine
Both keyfobs work fine
The front end pop thing was fixed when we took it in for the second service.

So, I would guess the problems you have read about are all from people who bought the very first ones.

Go over to the 2019 GM website and look at all the people who bought early trucks and had the rear window leak issue.

When you are an early adopter, you get to deal with all of the teething pains...
Good to know.... My coworker bought a 2019 big horn 3 weeks ago, and it's been back to the dealer twice. A/C not blowing cold enough, especially while at idle. He still has the front end popping that they still havent fixed. The truck has also stalled on him once. Production date 6/19

RJS

Reaction score
You are now familiar with the issues that can happen, before you buy the truck, drive it for 40-50 miles and check them out. Every brand makes good ones and some not so good, it shouldn't be hard to check out the ones you've listed. Mine had some wind noise but it's gone and the truck is great.

Luck of the draw with any of them.

runamuck

Reaction score
I have never had any of those problems on mine. a/c works fine..touch screen/nav good...fobs both work fine. all good so far..

JJSJ

Reaction score
I have never had any of those problems on mine. a/c works fine..touch screen/nav good...fobs both work fine. all good so far..
Does your sport have the 22's and air ride?

steveved

Reaction score
I have a Laramie with the Sport package. But I opted for the 20" wheels because I had 22s on my 2014 Silverado and the low profile tires negatively affect ride quality.

Personally, I will never put 22s on a truck again. The 20s improve the ride quality. I also was not interested in the air ride suspension. My wife had a 2012 Mercedes R350 with air ride. The bags would need to be replaced every 3 to 4 years due to them drying out and cracking, then leaking.

Will never have an air suspension again on a vehicle I plan to keep more than 4 years. So, if I was leasing this, I might have opted for air suspension. But, since I tend to keep trucks for 5 to 6 years, I was not interested in air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread