5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram horrible noise when in reverse.

Mr. T

Reaction score
1st time ever on any forum. Not to mention 1st time Ram owner. Always a GM person until I tried a Ram for the first time last year. I Like the comfort of the interior and the ride! 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn.
Looking for some guidance on the attached noise. I've had it at the dealership and they can't figure it out. So, I'm hoping for some help here. It only happens when backing out in the mornings while turning steering wheel to the right and applying the break. It's almost regularly happens in the front end it seems.
Thank you.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pity the fool that has problems with their Ram. 😂. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Welcome to the forum Mr. T.

There is a wealth of knowledge here as I’m sure you’ll see. Can you be more specific with the sound you’re having and be as detailed as possible so we can help.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
1st time ever on any forum. Not to mention 1st time Ram owner. Always a GM person until I tried a Ram for the first time last year. I Like the comfort of the interior and the ride! 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn.
Looking for some guidance on the attached noise. I've had it at the dealership and they can't figure it out. So, I'm hoping for some help here. It only happens when backing out in the mornings while turning steering wheel to the right and applying the break. It's almost regularly happens in the front end it seems.
Thank you.
do you have the e-torque?

maybe get a sound clip and post it here.

Mr. T

Reaction score
do you have the e-torque?

maybe get a sound clip and post it here.
I don't have the e-torque. I did record it and tried to attach it earlier this morning. I'll give it another try. It's bad that even my home camera caught it. However, I can't tell what type of videos this forum accepts. I have it saved as mp4.

Mr. T

Reaction score
I pity the fool that has problems with their Ram. 😂. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Welcome to the forum Mr. T.

There is a wealth of knowledge here as I’m sure you’ll see. Can you be more specific with the sound you’re having and be as detailed as possible so we can help.
It's a high pitched sound, it seems to be in the front end when applying the brakes. Maybe like metal dragging on metal. Once I put it in drive it stops and doesn't happen again until the next morning. It seems that once everything gets moving its greased again and doesn't do it the rest of the day. I will try to get the video converted so I can post it.

Mr. T

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Is it a squealing noise ?
O think you could probably say it is in a way. Kind of like metal dragging on metal. One time it vibrated from the front to the back.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have the e-torque. I did record it and tried to attach it earlier this morning. I'll give it another try. It's bad that even my home camera caught it. However, I can't tell what type of videos this forum accepts. I have it saved as mp4.
You can't upload videos to this website.
You can upload it to Youtube and link it here.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Mr. T

Reaction score
It's a high pitched sound, it seems to be in the front end when applying the brakes. Maybe like metal dragging on metal. Once I put it in drive it stops and doesn't happen again until the next morning. It seems that once everything gets moving its greased again and doesn't do it the rest of the day. I will try to get the video converted so I can post it.

Mr. T

Reaction score

I'm hoping this works -

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow that sounds terrible lol. What side rims and tires do you have? Any lift? Bighorn, so I assume no air suspension right?
Doesn't sound like the engine to me, maybe rubbing of something before parts warm up.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember reading about guys having an issue like this on 2019 models about the time I joined this forum. I don't remember what the issue was since it didn't affect any of the 5th gens we've owned. You might try searching through threads from 2019-2020. Or check the TSB's and recalls for 2019 models. I would also suggest you change the title of the thread to reflect the problem you're having. It might get the attention of some of the 2019 owners from back then.

Mr. T

Reaction score
Wow that sounds terrible lol. What side rims and tires do you have? Any lift? Bighorn, so I assume no air suspension right?
Doesn't sound like the engine to me, maybe rubbing of something before parts warm up.
I agree. 20 inch tires, no lift and no air suspension. Wondered if something was rubbing also but I've had it looked at twice and nothing noticed.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I agree. 20 inch tires, no lift and no air suspension. Wondered if something was rubbing also but I've had it looked at twice and nothing noticed.
if it only does it when moving it has to be in the drive train which includes wheels

might find someone with a dyno and try that

is it 4 wheel drive

Mr. T

Reaction score
if it only does it when moving it has to be in the drive train which includes wheels

might find someone with a dyno and try that

is it 4 wheel drive
Thanks, yes only when backing and it is a 4x4

Users who are viewing this thread