5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Bighorn Won't Start

TAE

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn, I didn't drive it for 2 days, on third day went to start it, and it would not start it was dead. I tried to use the key Phob to start it still nothing. I called AAA to see if they could jump start it, it would not jump start either, the next day a had it towed to the dealership that was on Saturday, on Monday when they finally got a chance to check it of course it started right up, they checked the battery the battery was fine, it also didn't show any error codes, has anyone else had this issue? If not do anyone have any ideas of what the issue was?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn, I didn't drive it for 2 days, on third day went to start it, and it would not start it was dead. I tried to use the key Phob to start it still nothing. I called AAA to see if they could jump start it, it would not jump start either, the next day a had it towed to the dealership that was on Saturday, on Monday when they finally got a chance to check it of course it started right up, they checked the battery the battery was fine, it also didn't show any error codes, has anyone else had this issue? If not do anyone have any ideas of what the issue was?
Is it the original battery? How did they test the battery?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
does the fob need a new battery

TAE

Reaction score
Is it the original battery? How did they test the battery?
I bought the truck used In August 2021 not sure if it is the original battery. Don't know how they tested the battery

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s also work noting if there’s a large amount of RF interference, it won’t work either. Probably not the case though.

TAE

Reaction score
Oh ok thanks for the info, I am going to pick it up tomorrow from the dealership I hope it doesn't happen again. I might also go ahead and replace the battery in the key fob.

ldoh

Reaction score
Maybe a terminal connector was corroded or loose?

stickman77

Reaction score
electrical issue? wiring loose? I'd carry a battery booster in the truck just in case if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread