5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Big Horn Leveling Kit and Bigger Tires

rmgrisham

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am new to this forum and just recently converted from Chevy to Dodge. Extremely happy that I have made the switch!

I had a few questions regarding leveling my 2019 Dodge RAM and putting bigger MT's on my 20" stock rims. Any and all advice or guidance would be very much appreciated!
  1. Which is better for ride comfort/longevity/and looks. 2" or 2.5" front leveling kit?
  2. Are leveling shocks or spacers best.
  3. What is the biggest size tire I can run on 20" stock rims? I am going to get either Nitto MT's or Toyo MT's. I do a good bit of both on and off road driving as I go hunting whenever I can.
I want to fill up the wheel wells for that aggressive look without sacrificing performance and comfort. I also do not want to void my manufactures warranty or have any parts prematurely breakdown on me.

Thank you in advanced!

Best,

Travis2021

Reaction score
All great questions...I am new as well. Just bought a 2019 big horn and love it.

Here is what I learned. I am going to go with the Bilstein 2inch leveling kit for $569. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/...one-offroad-2-leveling-kit-for-2019-ram-1500/

What I read is that the less expensive option the pucks put to much stress on the ball joint and causes premature wear and will fail sooner. I also read that the pucks will cause the ball joint to not sit in the socket correctly and make a slight popping sound which is related to the change in angle leading to the wear issue.

For tires I read a lot about the Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s are really good and less expensive than the Duratrack and other popular brands.

I don’t do much off roading but want that aggressive look with that stuffy look. I will go with the P rated tire.

As for size I am with you...what size? I have talked with our local truck accessory shop and they warned me that you have to watch the width as the upper control arm is REALLY close to the tire side wall.

The current width tire in inches is about 11 inches. If you put your hand behind your front wheel at the top you will notice the lack of room you will have to play with.

I was thinking 295/55/r20 because I want to keep my stock rims. I would like to hear from anyone if they were able to go to a 305/55/r20 on the stock rims with a 2 inch level kit.

All the above is based on a 4x4 non-air ride suspension truck. If you have air ride suppression it’s a different conversation.

onelochevy

Reaction score
Went with the 2.5" motofab lift on my '19. Came out perfect. Don't be afraid of using the pucks...I drive 500 miles a week and have no issues at all with my suspension.

FiremanHemi

Reaction score
Went with the 2.5" motofab lift on my '19. Came out perfect. Don't be afraid of using the pucks...I drive 500 miles a week and have no issues at all with my suspension.
What size tires are you running?

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
You will find over 2 years of searchable information and discussion on this topic. You will find alot more info that way.

Travis2021

Reaction score
I think I read nearly all the threads...lol. Good info!!!
I am a new Ram owner. Picked up a 2019 4x4 big horn. Love it.

I will be doing the Bilstein 2 inch level kit that has the upper control arm.

tires I plan on the Falken Wildpeaks AT3W’s. Size I think the 295/60R20 on the stock chrome 20inch rims.

If I read correctly this configuration should not cause any rubbing issues or bottoming out.

Would that be correct? Anyone have pics of something like this configuration?

I have the bullet grey truck with the Ram chrome running boards.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We had our local Ram dealer install a leveling kit with parts they secured. They were a little higher on price than their competition so I did some negotiating and all worked out well.

And it is all covered indeed the warranty. As our Service Manager stated, “It is hard to deny warranty when the work was done by a Ram/Mopar dealer.”

Travis2021

Reaction score
Nice!!! I just rechecked my numbers on the tires I am thinking of buying. Correction it’s 295/65R20. A bit taller but the width stays the same.

I called my local dealer and they said they will adjust the speedo to match the tire change which is cool.

the parts guy mentioned not a leveling kit but an all around 2 inch lift. I may go that route as well for the piece of mind of all mopar parts and warranty.

puba08

Reaction score
All great questions...I am new as well. Just bought a 2019 big horn and love it.

Here is what I learned. I am going to go with the Bilstein 2inch leveling kit for $569. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/...one-offroad-2-leveling-kit-for-2019-ram-1500/

What I read is that the less expensive option the pucks put to much stress on the ball joint and causes premature wear and will fail sooner. I also read that the pucks will cause the ball joint to not sit in the socket correctly and make a slight popping sound which is related to the change in angle leading to the wear issue.

For tires I read a lot about the Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s are really good and less expensive than the Duratrack and other popular brands.

I don’t do much off roading but want that aggressive look with that stuffy look. I will go with the P rated tire.

As for size I am with you...what size? I have talked with our local truck accessory shop and they warned me that you have to watch the width as the upper control arm is REALLY close to the tire side wall.

The current width tire in inches is about 11 inches. If you put your hand behind your front wheel at the top you will notice the lack of room you will have to play with.

I was thinking 295/55/r20 because I want to keep my stock rims. I would like to hear from anyone if they were able to go to a 305/55/r20 on the stock rims with a 2 inch level kit.

All the above is based on a 4x4 non-air ride suspension truck. If you have air ride suppression it’s a different conversation.

Here is what the stock rims, stock Falken WP AT2Wa’s and Zone UCA’s (same as the ones the leveling kit your looking at) look like. It’s close!

bdf1d0ff8e0d852772c809ba65bbbf86.jpg

I went with 275/65R20 with Eibach adjustable front shocks (same as Bilsteins). IMO I would avoid anything with pucks. I had Motofab 2” pucks for a month and they were terrible to say it kindly. Go Bilstein 5100’ s or Eibach shocks and you choice of UCA (I prefer zone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renegade3

Reaction score
I picked up a set of Rebel take wheels/tires and love how it looks. $800 for them and it changed the look of my truck

Travis2021

Reaction score
Wow that is close to the UCA!!! And those are 275!!!

I don’t think 285’s or 295’s would work.

do you have a side view of your truck?

puba08

Reaction score
Here’s the 275/65’s w/ Eibachs set to 1.8” w the ORP

b99352edd2e90af9aba76803f92f0ab5.jpg

b4cf1f3e00677f9207d1e7665f175273.jpg

puba08

Reaction score
I can’t find AT2Wa’s...can you send a link?

The AT3Wa’s are a tire for the BTS rams and maybe another model too. I think they were made for Ram, but saw them listed on one other site. They were 275/55R20 from the factory. They are in no way to be confused with the very nice AT3W Falken offers. These AT3Wa’s were terrible in the snow and rain. Basically a glorified highway tire IMO. Don’t waste your money.
You can definitely go with 275/65R20 on stock wheels. Basically 34/11.

Travis2021

Reaction score
That is a sweet rig!!!

I just checked my truck and yeah there is like maybe 3/4 inch gap to the UCA. 285’s gives me less than 3/16th gap if I did the math right. It will clear but that’s a bit to tight for my preference!

Would you mind sending me your shopping list/links to the level kit? I was going to do the Bilstein 2inch level kit with the UCA for $560 but if there is a better setup I am all ears.

Steele713

Reaction score
Way late I know, but may help anyone still wondering. This is a 2wd 2019 laramie sport. Has 1 1/2" hub centric wheel spaces with 275/65R20 (34"x11") recon grapplers (4ply, i dont need 10ply) Bilstein level shocks at 2" height. No rub at all. Great tires too.

Attachments

• 20230827_074632.jpg
    20230827_074632.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread