5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 Laramie AC blowing hot on one side and cold on other side when synced.

Shelley

Reaction score
Example of situation....start off with defrosting (de-humidifying is a better term!) then switching the ac controls to vent, change temp from 80 to 70. wait 15 seconds, drivers side is still blowing hot, passenger side is cold and YES they are synced to same temp. Figured out if I drop the temp to 60 degrees, the temp will drop on both sides, then I can adjust it to where I want it. PLEASE tell me someone else has this issue. I've called all the dealer service departments around me and no one has heard of it, but the only other person I know with a 2019 2500 (a friend) has the same issue.

Welcome to hell!

Sorry for your troubles, but it sounds like you got one of the crappy HVAC systems, that Ram hasn't figured out how to fix yet. The following thread is a good starting point.

I recall someone with a new 3500 sharing similar issues. The dealer was little to no help so he tore it open. I think he discovered some peculiarities and shared it with his dealer. Sorry I don't recall the details but it was about 6 months back and he expected something positive to come from it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was buried under FCA's lumpy dirty deeds done dirt cheap rug.

Example of situation....start off with defrosting (de-humidifying is a better term!) then switching the ac controls to vent, change temp from 80 to 70. wait 15 seconds, drivers side is still blowing hot, passenger side is cold and YES they are synced to same temp. Figured out if I drop the temp to 60 degrees, the temp will drop on both sides, then I can adjust it to where I want it. PLEASE tell me someone else has this issue. I've called all the dealer service departments around me and no one has heard of it, but the only other person I know with a 2019 2500 (a friend) has the same issue.

Hi @Shelley - I am very sorry to hear of the trouble that you are experiencing. If you move forward with addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Former GM guy here, and I remember Chevy doing that for, I believe, the 1999, 2007, and the 2014 model years. Probably did it more than that but I happened to be shopping for a truck during all three of those redesigns. I know it made buyers who hadn't yet bought into the redesign happy, which sells more trucks. I don't remember ever seeing a classic model being offered for more than one model year like Ram is doing with the 4th gens, although I might be wrong on that (my memory isn't quite what it used to be). I'm just curious to know whether they base the decision to offer a classic model on market research, or the volume of parts they have left over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back