5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex5737

Reaction score
I purchased my truck back in 2019. Absolutely loved the truck but I noticed the gauges and infotainment screen would turn on for a few seconds on its own while parked.

I brought it to the attention of the service writer when I brought her in for the first service. He stated it was “Normal”. Said the truck was probably downloading software or XM radio was.

I notice the problem is getting worse and my battery is drained. I take her in and they tell me I have a bad battery and that is the reason for the infotainment center flashing on and off.

Battery replaced but the problem persist. I take her back in three more times. They replaced the infotainment center, gauge cluster, and something else all taking well over a month combined. All the while without a loaner I might add.

I am currently going through the buy back process and now they want to ding me on the amount they are willing to return to me because they are saying I never brought the problem to their attention when the truck was new. I did and was told it was normal.

Currently hey have agreed to buy back the truck but are refusing to pay for the oem Mopar 2” lift kit I bought from a dealer and had installed at a dealer. They are also refusing to pay for the Linex bed liner I had sprayed on and are not willing to give me a full refund. My truck has less than 20k miles and I am extremely disappointed with the customer service. This was my second Ram and thought I was Brand loyal, unfortunately they are not being customer loyal.

I have been negotiating myself for what I believe is right. I advised the buy back agent I would make this post and add a video to you tube of my possessed truck. I have recently discovered this is an ongoing issues with these trucks and it is a problem they are aware of. Doing the right thing seems like it would be easy.

If anybody is considering these trucks be aware of what appears to be a well known and documented issue with these trucks. Frustrated that they feel this is a me problem when clearly it is a them problem.

I will keep you all posted on if they continue to bully the customer or do the right thing.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you specifically asked the Service writer to have that problem looked into when you first took it in, they should have documentation. I have no personal experience in the buyback process, but from what I have read, dealers/manufacturers generally don't reimburse for accessories or mods that a customer has added after initial purchase. Hopefully they end up making you some sort of reasonable offer

66Fuelie

Reaction score
My thoughts are they are not responsible for any items added after the sale removable or not.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread