5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Wind Noise

jackl817

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2019 RAM Laramie with only 17k miles, fully equipped. Loved the truck during test drive but when I started home about 20 miles from the dealer on the freeway I started hearing this awful whistling noise. Did not think much of it at the time... just run the truck to the dealer on Monday for adjustment. This is not to say they won't fix it, but it has been at the dealer for a week now. Had I read these posts before I bought it I certainly might have given pause or checked the truck out much more thoroughly. Reading the posts it seems that RAM is aware of it, but has not done much to address the problem. I absolutely loved, loved loved my 2011 RAM, and am driving it while the '19 sits at the shop. Sure hope this is not the beginning of a bad situation!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2019 RAM Laramie with only 17k miles, fully equipped. Loved the truck during test drive but when I started home about 20 miles from the dealer on the freeway I started hearing this awful whistling noise. Did not think much of it at the time... just run the truck to the dealer on Monday for adjustment. This is not to say they won't fix it, but it has been at the dealer for a week now. Had I read these posts before I bought it I certainly might have given pause or checked the truck out much more thoroughly. Reading the posts it seems that RAM is aware of it, but has not done much to address the problem. I absolutely loved, loved loved my 2011 RAM, and am driving it while the '19 sits at the shop. Sure hope this is not the beginning of a bad situation!
Welcome to the forum . I think it’s a known issue but not a common issue . I haven’t had to deal with that at all .

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sometimes I hear a “wind” noise. Turns out it’s the active noise crap. It I raise the radio volume and lower it, the noise goes away

21Longhorn

Reaction score

I had that issue on my 17 Laramie, it was coming from the drivers side mirror, and to prove it out, I folded the mirrors in while it was making the noise and it went away, not sure what the solution was to fix it but, it wasn’t a constant noise so I just turned the radio up when it started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread