5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Steering Pull / Drift to the Right

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am writing to ask other Ram owners if they experience a pull / drift to the right when lightly touching or taking their hands off the steering wheel for a few moments.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and I have a constant pull / drift to the right as soon as I let go of the steering wheel. Depending on road grade, the drift either starts out subtle and worsens or it can be severe enough to instantly start changing lanes or pull me off the road.

The dealer has checked the alignment 5 times and states everything is in spec. The dealer says they drove other new trucks from the lot and they have the same pull / drift. The dealer says there is nothing they can do, it’s just a characteristic of the Ram truck.

I have never owned a vehicle that pulled / drifted like this unless there was an alignment issue.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
My 2016 did that. It wasn't too severe though that i ever took it back. My 2019 doesn't pull at all.

Reaction score
My 2016 did that. It wasn't too severe though that i ever took it back. My 2019 doesn't pull at all.

Mine is severe enough at times that it’s a safety hazard. If you hold the steering wheel in place it will drive straight, but get distracted for a moment and you’ll be going a different direction. Every single driver gets distracted at times and I need to count on my vehicle driving straight until I tell it to go a different direction.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Mine is severe enough at times that it’s a safety hazard. If you hold the steering wheel in place it will drive straight, but get distracted for a moment and you’ll be going a different direction. Every single driver gets distracted at times and I need to count on my vehicle driving straight until I tell it to go a different direction.

Yea i would say that isnt right at all. I cant say what it could be though other than alignment issues. Did you get a print out of the alignment?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am writing to ask other Ram owners if they experience a pull / drift to the right when lightly touching or taking their hands off the steering wheel for a few moments.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and I have a constant pull / drift to the right as soon as I let go of the steering wheel. Depending on road grade, the drift either starts out subtle and worsens or it can be severe enough to instantly start changing lanes or pull me off the road.

The dealer has checked the alignment 5 times and states everything is in spec. The dealer says they drove other new trucks from the lot and they have the same pull / drift. The dealer says there is nothing they can do, it’s just a characteristic of the Ram truck.

I have never owned a vehicle that pulled / drifted like this unless there was an alignment issue.
That seems abnormal; I’ve not noticed this behavior on mine.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I’ve got 460 miles on my Rebel and noticed a slight pull on my 360 mile drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yea i would say that isnt right at all. I cant say what it could be though other than alignment issues. Did you get a print out of the alignment?

Yes, here are the alignments that I have a copy of.

Attachments

• Alignment1 07Aug19 1644.jpeg
    Alignment1 07Aug19 1644.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Alignment2 13Aug19 1621.jpeg
    Alignment2 13Aug19 1621.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Alignment3 13Aug19 1745.jpeg
    Alignment3 13Aug19 1745.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Alignment4 22Aug19 1345.jpeg
    Alignment4 22Aug19 1345.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 36

whetrick1

Reaction score
Take and try having it aligned. It may not be in alignment from the factory.

Reaction score
Take and try having it aligned. It may not be in alignment from the factory.

It was out of alignment from the factory, but they have corrected it. They have aligned it and checked the alignment multiple times.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Hello all,

What is your Ram built date? Because there is a TSB for the rack and pinion.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the TSB? I did a few searches online and can't pull up recent TSB's.
In forum page in the left side up there is a tab when you press enter to resource and them enter technical bulletin. The TSB of the rack and pinion applies if your vin is compatible. Read with careful because that TSB was 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread