5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 ram DT sport hood working air vent

marsbar105

Reaction score
Hi there,
Bought the 2019 RAM 1500 Sport a few months back. Installed the K&N cold air intake package. Sounds great. But now looking to install a functioning Sport Hood (DT model) working Air Vent. Any suggestions? Can't seem to find any...

1578783129712.png

Last edited:

OAD

Reaction score
if you make them do them out of carbon fiber.

STR

Reaction score
JTD, and a few others, have been working on this project:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/sport-rebel-hood-functional-update.22476/#post-314462

If a retrofitted kit was available to make them functional, I’d be interested...

Last edited:

JTD

Reaction score
It actually went pretty smooth. I had to buy some of the heat shield clips because I broke some taking it down. The vents popped in and out easily. The heat shield was easy to cut. I haven’t had any issues driving in rain. Overall everything is well as of now. Good luck.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks to me that from the design of the "fake" vents, if they were functional , they would only draw air out of the engine compartment. The air flow indicated by the direction of the fins would be for getting heat away from the under hood area. In order for them to be used for a cold air intake, the fins would have to be turned into the air flow. Unfortunately that area of the hood would need an air scoop to do any real good. The old ram air/shaker hood and the like would be the ticket. Wonder if the current ram air type CIA could be modified with a fiberglass hood with hood scoop?

ez.allgood

Reaction score
I would really like for these to extract the heat out of the engine compartment. Opened mine the other day and it was almost unbearable with the amount of heat trapped in there. Extracting the heat would be very beneficial. Lower temps means better performance so any little boost would be helpful.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would really like for these to extract the heat out of the engine compartment. Opened mine the other day and it was almost unbearable with the amount of heat trapped in there. Extracting the heat would be very beneficial. Lower temps means better performance so any little boost would be helpful.

Agreed! Maybe it wouldn't be of much benefit to the engine, but I'd think it'd have to be at least a little. I'd be more interested in this than a whole new hood scoop type hood.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On both my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and my Dodge Durango SRT, the hood vents are open into the engine compartment and extract heat. Of course, because they are SRT models, they use the 6.4 V8 engine. Ram could very easily have made the hood vents functional. DSCN1284.JPG DSCN9990.JPG

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On both my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and my Dodge Durango SRT, the hood vents are open into the engine compartment and extract heat. Of course, because they are SRT models, they use the 6.4 V8 engine. Ram could very easily have made the hood vents functional.

Not to get too distracted here from the point, but two SRTs? Very cool. Excuse me while I go clean my drool off the floor...

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to get too distracted here from the point, but two SRTs? Very cool. Excuse me while I go clean my drool off the floor...

Bought the Jeep first in 2014. Wife wanted three seats for the grandkids. I said can't buy a Durango because they do not make an SRT model. Lo and behold, in 2018 Dodge came out with a Durango SRT, So, vol-la!

DSCN1319.JPG

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi there,
Bought the 2019 RAM 1500 Sport a few months back. Installed the K&N cold air intake package. Sounds great. But now looking to install a functioning Sport Hood (DT model) working Air Vent. Any suggestions? Can't seem to find any...

View attachment 43851
Check out https://www.carid.com/2019-dodge-ram-custom-hood-panels/.
Just one of their offerings:
Another choice: https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2019-2019-dodge-ram-1500-ram-air-hood-dr19ahsrtfhw.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread