5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 My thoughts and opinions after 25,000 miles

joe77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

April 2018 When I first got the truck 300 miles from Central Colorado to Southern Wyoming my rear brakes starting squealing with moderate to heavy braking. Also when first pulling out in the morning or the first time it moves it makes this god awful rubbing noise but not again even when stopping or 2 to 3 hours and starting again or after I move about 15 feet it'll stop and not happen again. Always makes the horrible noise in reverse, however. This problem STILL at 20,000 miles, hasn't been fixed at all from 3 different dealers I've gone too, and it's really loud and annoying. I noticed that the leather on the steering wheel at the bottom wasn't lined up on the bottom, something small but it bothered me, mentioned this to the dealer and they did nothing about it. (We'll come back to the steering wheel in a while) Also, the top center storage compartment squeaked when opening, closing and putting any weight on it. Dealer applied some kind of lubricant and it fixed the problem, till recently (I think the cold did it) and it started again. Also, like all 3 other Ram trucks I've owned and bought new, I had to get an alignment https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/ https://www.applock.ooo/ https://www.7zip.vip/

(2,300 miles) I was on a dirt road and hit a bump HARD. Got this message on the gauge display "Active Tuned Mass Module Temporarily Unavailable" this continued for about 3 days and came up every 30 minutes on the dot.Dealer found that I broke the motor inside of the drive side module and replaced it. They also installed a service bulletin that was to solve the hood deflection when there are strong winds. It was basically glue in-between the under-hood cover and the metal. Didn't help at all.
(3,900 miles) Every time I would close the tailgate it would still show that it was open.Dealer replaced the tailgate sensor and the issue continued. I found that slam it shut hard about 20 times, and after that, you can close it normally and then it senses it fine. (Must have to get worn in or something cause I tried this with 2 other ones and that was the case, slam about 20, then it's fine sorry FCA for wasting a couple sensors and the dealer, but it was only a couple hours of labor)
November 2018
11/22 (15,400 miles) I remote started the truck and got tired up with Thanksgiving. So it turned off after the 15 minutes. About 10 minutes after it turned it off I remoted started it again. After pulling out of my driveway the check engine light came on and stayed on. Took it to the dealer the next day, and it was a cylinder 8 misfire. I was leaving for a couple days and the service advisor cleared the code and said it should be fine as long as it doesn't come up again.
11/26 (20,100 miles) Was coming back home and the interstate closed so I hung out in my truck for the night. Had it idling for about an hour then turned it off. It was for about an hour and a half and I started it for about 20 minutes, let it idle so I could heat up the cabin. Off again, and then again, about an hour and a half later started it and long behold, check engine light. Took it to the dealer this morning and once again cylinder 8 misfire.
12/05 (21.998 miles) Dealer found that the injector 8 was bad. Replaced the injector. They also finally took the time to look at my brake problem. They cleaned everything and said they looked good, it stopped for about 2 days but started up again.
12/21 (25,772 miles) Dealer put new brake pads and rotors on all 4 tires, and finally, the brake noise fixed.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you really think about most of the items you listed they are well known issues especially in the early build trucks. They should mostly be addressed with TSB's but I don't see where you really provided any thoughts and opinions here. It seems you just listed the dates with problems? You said "We'll come back to the steering wheel in a while" but never had any follow up to that comment. Was it fixed? Overall do you enjoy the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread