5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 My thoughts and opinions after 25,000 miles

Reaction score
r/ram_trucks - 2019 Ram 1500 My thoughts and opinions after 25,000 miles

Just got home for the year and rolled over to 25,000 miles, so I decided I'd give my piece of the pie to someone who is looking at getting one or to whomever. Also figured that there isn't many 19's with this many miles that have their word out.

Truck Info (All the options that I got):

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 6'4" bed Granite Crystal

5.7 HEMI with eTorque

Bucket Seats with Full Center Console

LED Lighting Group

Sport Appearance Package speed test

Trailer Tow GroupBed Utility Group

Level 2 Equipment Group showbox

33-Gallon Fuel Tank

Alpine Sound SystemUconnect 4C

Blind-Spot system

E-Locker Rear Axle (3.92 Ratio)

Engine Block Heater

Protection Group

Panoramic Sunroof

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just got home for the year and rolled over to 25,000 miles, so I decided I'd give my piece of the pie to someone who is looking at getting one or to whomever. Also figured that there isn't many 19's with this many miles that have their word out.

5.7 HEMI with eTorque

LED Lighting Group

33-Gallon Fuel Tank

Blind-Spot system

Engine Block Heater

Protection Group

Panoramic Sunroof
That's a nicely equipped Big Horn, but where are your thoughts and opinions?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still love mine, even after 8 warranty visits and 950+ posts on here.

I bought my truck 2 years ago today and I'll turn 40K miles this week.

I've had my share of issues but nothing serious (unless you count my marginal A/C 9 months of the year when it's over 70F and sunny): rear window crack, gas auto-fill shuts off before tank is full, body panel alignment, sub-par A/C, tailgate slack, brake squeal, ParkSense sensitivity, rough downshifting, steering wheel peeling, and some random electronic issues.

I knew buying the first year of a new generation would bring me to the dealership more than usual. Every brand has it's issues but the RAM was the only one I liked of the 'Big 3' when I purchased.

Things I knew I'd love or learned to appreciate:

- The 5th gen cab. Front seats are comfortable and gobs of legroom in the rear for my kids (or hauling room if I lift the seats up).
- Coil spring suspension. So much smoother and better planted than my previous leaf spring truck.
- No radio antenna. So much nicer just having a shark fin.
- Windshield washer fluid nozzles under the cowl.
- Transmission knob. It didn't take me long to get used to it and leaves lots of real estate for center console.
- Audio buttons on the back of the steering wheel. My wife's Ranger has everything on the front and it's nice to have truck stuff on the front and audio stuff on the back.
- Bed step. I love my OEM bed step. I have no idea how I lived without this thing!

Truck is running great and getting about 15 mpg overall. I've never reset Trip B and it currently reads 15.4 mpg. Hand-calculated fill-ups are a little lower than what the computer tells me so I'm guessing around 15 mpg.

I have no regrets about my purchase (20-year Ford guy and this is my first RAM) and plan to have at least another 8 great years of ownership.

CMENT

Reaction score

5.7 HEMI with eTorque

LED Lighting Group

33-Gallon Fuel Tank

Blind-Spot system

Engine Block Heater

Protection Group

Panoramic Sunroof

I got 54k miles on my 2019 Limited. (Early May delivery).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I still love mine, even after 8 warranty visits and 950+ posts on here.

I bought my truck 2 years ago today and I'll turn 40K miles this week.

I've had my share of issues but nothing serious (unless you count my marginal A/C 9 months of the year when it's over 70F and sunny): rear window crack, gas auto-fill shuts off before tank is full, body panel alignment, sub-par A/C, tailgate slack, brake squeal, ParkSense sensitivity, rough downshifting, steering wheel peeling, and some random electronic issues.

I knew buying the first year of a new generation would bring me to the dealership more than usual. Every brand has it's issues but the RAM was the only one I liked of the 'Big 3' when I purchased.

Things I knew I'd love or learned to appreciate:

- The 5th gen cab. Front seats are comfortable and gobs of legroom in the rear for my kids (or hauling room if I lift the seats up).
- Coil spring suspension. So much smoother and better planted than my previous leaf spring truck.
- No radio antenna. So much nicer just having a shark fin.
- Windshield washer fluid nozzles under the cowl.
- Transmission knob. It didn't take me long to get used to it and leaves lots of real estate for center console.
- Audio buttons on the back of the steering wheel. My wife's Ranger has everything on the front and it's nice to have truck stuff on the front and audio stuff on the back.
- Bed step. I love my OEM bed step. I have no idea how I lived without this thing!

Truck is running great and getting about 15 mpg overall. I've never reset Trip B and it currently reads 15.4 mpg. Hand-calculated fill-ups are a little lower than what the computer tells me so I'm guessing around 15 mpg.

I have no regrets about my purchase (20-year Ford guy and this is my first RAM) and plan to have at least another 8 great years of ownership.
Great writeup and congrats on the usage. We just turned 13K on our 19’, it’s barely broke in!

Users who are viewing this thread