5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn headlight issue

I mean this sounds like he's talking about his headlights and keeping signature lighting on
"I cannot get my headlights to not be on once I engage in another gear"

He also says "there isn’t anything in there to turn the headlights off and leave the drl’s on" which makes me thing the same also.
Ah, yeah, you are correct. I was getting confused with the back and forth between headlights and DRLs and him calling the signature lighting DRL

So, I have a 2019 ram 1500 Longhorn but I cannot get my headlights to not be on once I engage in another gear. Rather the switch is off or in any other mode they won’t turn off and just run the DRL’s. What can cause this and how do I fix it?
If you are in Canada then the lights will stay on.

If you are in US, then it is possible that the light switch got kneed, popping the back of the switch loose.
Happened to my co-worker, he squeezed the switch back together and was good to go.

edit: just remembered, his lights would stay on even in park, with the truck running.

Last edited:

If you are in US, then it is possible that the light switch got kneed, popping the back of the switch loose.
Happened to my co-worker, he squeezed the switch back together and was good to go.

edit: just remembered, his lights would stay on even in park, with the truck running.
Even if the truck is in Canada you can force disable the DRL with Alfaobd.
But we don't know what OP really is looking to do.

I wouldnt trust "the guy at the dealer". Salesmen don't actually know a lot about the cars they sell other than what the window sticker says.
So it’s sensor issues. And the DRL’s are supposed to be on without the low and high beam which both bulbs were on along side

my truck is a Canada truck which would make sense on that behalf but the dealers going to reprogram the lights to how they should be here in the states

I wouldnt trust "the guy at the dealer". Salesmen don't actually know a lot about the cars they sell other than what the window sticker says.
So it’s sensor issues. And the DRL’s are supposed to be on without the low and high beam which both bulbs were on along side
Ah, yeah, you are correct. I was getting confused with the back and forth between headlights and DRLs and him calling the signature lighting DRL
the mix up would be my other car the “signature lighting” is the DRL’s for that car/ company and I didn’t know that’s what Ram referred to them as so my bad on that. But my truck is a Canada spec truck that’s made it to the US. The dealer is going to reprogram the headlights to how I want

my truck is a Canada truck which would make sense on that behalf but the dealers going to reprogram the lights to how they should be here in the states
Sounds like you got it licked. Enjoy your truck.

Sounds like you got it licked. Enjoy your truck.
Hopefully will do lol. Thank you for the information you gave me as well on it. I’ll say even getting the Ram app was a hassle and I had to prove everything on my half that it was my truck and not stolen and trying to make it mine due to them having it all in as a Canada register vehicle on there half

the mix up would be my other car the “signature lighting” is the DRL’s for that car/ company and I didn’t know that’s what Ram referred to them as so my bad on that. But my truck is a Canada spec truck that’s made it to the US. The dealer is going to reprogram the headlights to how I want
If the dealer isn't doing it for free, you could have done it yourself cheaper.

If the dealer isn't doing it for free, you could have done it yourself cheaper.
I’m just getting the headlights off and the signature lighting on when the headlights are not in the on/ auto position. If I can do that at home that would be better

How’s that?
If you use iPhone, download Jscan app, buy a SGW bypass and an obd2 Bluetooth scan tool.

If you are a better person who uses android, then alfaObd is what you need for the app

Both allow you to make all sorts of changes, more than just lighting

If you use iPhone, download Jscan app, buy a SGW bypass and an obd2 Bluetooth scan tool.

If you are a better person who uses android, then alfaObd is what you need for the app

Both allow you to make all sorts of changes, more than just lighting
I see what you guys mean by that now. So with that app and scan tool I should be able to turn those off and just run the signature lighting?

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back