5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited w/air ride 37 inch tire

Hirsch2488

Reaction score
Hey, this reply might be a little late to the party, but I have this exact set up. Started with 35s and they just looked too damn small. I went with the toyo atII in a 37x12.5 and it fit perfectly with minor trimming, nothing a sharp pair of scissors can’t handle. Not much of a difference in performance jumping from the 35 to the 37 with the 3.92s.
What size wheel and back spacing are you running on your set up with the 37x12.50’s?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I figured I’d chime in again. I was on 35s before but I jumped up to 37s almost a year ago. I have the BDS 4” kit and added bilstein 5100s for another 1.7” of lift up front. However I’m positive I could’ve cleared this setup if I did one notch lower (1.2” of lift). So those of you with the air ride and 5” lift I’m sure you’d be fine with 37s on up to a -24 offset as long as you trim the pinch weld and some plastic like I did. My one recommendation would be try to get as light of a wheel & tire combo as possible. Going from a 72lb 35 to a 85lb 37 is a huge difference and basically made the truck feel 1500lbs heavier at all times. F7D2E441-9BE1-4776-8BD1-B3B05865961B.jpeg 55B7582C-C25E-4E84-B9D4-453B6777FC0A.jpeg E3FFB667-27CD-4356-BA8E-F5140634E579.jpeg

Utemachine

Reaction score
I’ll wake this thread back up since there is not a lot of info on this subject. My 325/60r20’s are ready for replacement and I’m going 37’s.

I ordered aftermarket links and am cutting the pinchweld and further reshaping the plastic. I’ll update in a couple weeks when my tires are on. I just want no rubbing.

Utemachine

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I got more aggressive with the cut off wheel and trimmed more of the pinch weld. Removed the plastic screw-on corner flaps (What are those for?). Trimmed more off my electric air dam. More aggressive shaping of the wheel wells, and zip tied them back.

Previously I had already made my own link adjusters. I ordered a set from AirLinks thinking theirs might be better. I couldn’t get them on even with grease and a hammer. They are going back. I shortened my existing DIY’s for another 1/4” up front.

I drove home and did some brief backing up in both directions, NO RUB! I’ll test on a turn backing out of a driveway. Also will get some finished pics. So far so good.

5” Rough Country air ride lift running 37x12.50 20’s. IMG_4432.jpeg

jonnygobig

Reaction score
Was also thinking 38s, but My 35s just clear on 6.5” those little plastic flaps you cut out, good idea! Almost forgot the actuating Airdam,, that would have been a shocker when it lowers…

Did you change your hubs? I blew a lug nut off then was rotating my tires today and this! (Pic)Factory Torque specs may be too high, keep an eye out all y’all that pop you wheels on and off…low grade factory studs.

IMG_4316.jpeg

Utemachine

Reaction score
Was also thinking 38s, but My 35s just clear on 6.5” those little plastic flaps you cut out, good idea! Almost forgot the actuating Airdam,, that would have been a shocker when it lowers…

Did you change your hubs? I blew a lug nut off then was rotating my tires today and this! (Pic)Factory Torque specs may be too high, keep an eye out all y’all that pop you wheels on and off…low grade factory studs.

View attachment 177725
I didn’t change hubs. I went with the Maxxis Rzr AT’s because I have them on my son’s H3 and love them. Most importantly, they are the smallest, lightest, most aggressive AT/RT tire on the market.

They are not much taller, and -1/2” in width than the 325/60’s I was running. They also are weighing in at 69 lbs a piece so virtually the same weight as the Nitto’s.

JRD

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I got more aggressive with the cut off wheel and trimmed more of the pinch weld. Removed the plastic screw-on corner flaps (What are those for?). Trimmed more off my electric air dam. More aggressive shaping of the wheel wells, and zip tied them back.

Previously I had already made my own link adjusters. I ordered a set from AirLinks thinking theirs might be better. I couldn’t get them on even with grease and a hammer. They are going back. I shortened my existing DIY’s for another 1/4” up front.

I drove home and did some brief backing up in both directions, NO RUB! I’ll test on a turn backing out of a driveway. Also will get some finished pics. So far so good.

5” Rough Country air ride lift running 37x12.50 20’s. View attachment 177713
Any pics of the finished product?

Utemachine

Reaction score
I’m loving the 37’s and wish I’d gone this route from the start. My tie rod ends were torn so I just had the BDS ends installed. Drives amazing and the tires are part of it. These are Maxxis Rzr AT’s and I like them better than Duratracs and Ridge Grapplers. IMG_4597.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 16

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’m loving the 37’s and wish I’d gone this route from the start. My tie rod ends were torn so I just had the BDS ends installed. Drives amazing and the tires are part of it. These are Maxxis Rzr AT’s and I like them better than Duratracs and Ridge Grapplers. View attachment 180594
That’s a sick setup!

Users who are viewing this thread