5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Limited/Longhorn buying advice

thorcaption5

Reaction score
Hey,
I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?
Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences?
Appreciate any feedback and help provided!!
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Last edited:

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I suggest going on ramtrucks.com and familiarizing yourself. Theres very little to differentiate the two with the models having almost identical options. But there are many, many options.

The Longhorn is considered western themed with wood & leather - filigree designs on gages, metal trims. The Limited is more modern with carbon fiber & leather. Aside from that very minor badging differences.

Honestly, I had the exact same dilemma as u. I chose the Longhorn for the only major diff in my mind... The Air susp is standard on Limited and cant be removed. The air susp was nifty on my rebel but I never HAD to have it, and tbh the Lhorn w/o it rides better imo. Anyway it started leaking towards the end of warranty, several trips to dealer for servicing later, i vowed my new ride would have time-proven, no nonsense susp.

But imho...either way tho, u cant go wrong. Happy hunting!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Hey,
I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?
Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences?

Other than all the uconnect Software issues my 2019 had been very reliable and within two years no mechanical issues...
depends a little on your taste imho a spaced out longhorn with the saddle brown / black headliner actually beats the the limited interior wise since the wood accents and stitching actually looks much nicer but again personal taste probably...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey,
There are quite a few threads on here covering ownership of 2019s over the past two years. You might want to do a search or start by reading some of the posts from 2018 to get a good picture. Personally, the “performance, power, and braking” on my Longhorn have been flawless for the past 20 months.

Secondly, yes - there’s nothing on a Limited that can’t be had on a Longhorn. Both trucks are a notch above anything else on the market when it comes to interior appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online