5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Limited Issues

mwalkuski

Reaction score
I wanted to vent my frustrations with this truck that, at this point, I am seriously regretting purchasing. It seems every time we turn around there is a new issue. Unfortunately we are outside of the bumper to bumper warranty so none of this is covered. Which is upsetting as we just purchased this thing in August of last year.

Here is the long list of issues we have or are experiencing:
  • Dashboard had to be replaced because the leather was bubbling on the passenger side. (This occurred while we were still under our bumper to bumper so it was covered, but we were without our truck for a week.
  • Roof was leaking in the back - This happened 1 month outside our warranty expiration so Ram Cares was kind enough to cover the repair. But also without our truck for almost a week.
Since then here are the myriad of issues we have been experiencing.
  • Randomly we will get an alert that says that the Air Suspension system is unavailable.
  • Randomly we will get an alert that says "Active Tuned Mass Module Temporarily Unavailable"
    • 20220323_201440.jpg
  • The passenger mirror will snap/click when trying to use the power folding/unfolding despite "resetting" them several times.
  • UConnect 12 radio
    • Will randomly not show anything on the screen when it starts. Have to press the power button to turn it off and back on.
    • Will get stuck with a partial display showing the buttons on the bottom, but nothing else. Causing us to have to select a different screen like Apps or Settings then back to the radio to do anything.
    • Preset buttons for Sirius XM will randomly be darkened meaning that we can't select them. Usually using the CH+/- button will cause them to start working again.
    • Most recently, which is why I decided to write this post. See video -
      • Our Sirius XM subscription was updated and now we don't get certain channels, it just says "Subscribe to Listen". These channels are included in the new subscription so that is not the issue. I spent many hours with Sirius XM, soft resetting the radio, disconnecting battery, removing/re-adding the subscription, creating a new subscription to no avail. They even moved the subscription to our 2018 Jeep Compass and it worked without issue. Here is the kicker though, if I open like the settings menu and use the Tuner knob to change the channel, I am able to tune to the channels that are "unavailable". So I am now being told that I need to take it to the dealer to have it looked at. Potentially costing hundreds of dollars just to listen to the radio.
These are all issues that I feel we should not be experiencing on a 3 year old vehicle. And are all things that we are going to have to pay out of pocket to get fixed after already spending $60k+ to purchase this truck.

We have been long time Mopar fans with 5 Mopar vehicles including a 2004 Ram and a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. This was our largest purchase of a vehicle next to our 2018 Jeep which we bought brand new so it really is disheartening to be having so many problems with it and leaves me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

ChrisID

Reaction score
wow, you got a lemon. Sorry. Sure it wasn't flooded? No issues with my 20 Laramie or 21 Limited. take that back, one issue with my 20 that needs the driveshaft slip yok greased.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You spent north of $60k on a three year old Limited? Ouch! I spent that on a loaded brand new 2021 Limited less than a year ago. Oh how the times have changed. I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you're having with it. Just one more reason I'm never buying used again. I hate inheriting other people's problems, and not having a warranty to cover them. I'm assuming you didn't purchase an extended warranty?

mwalkuski

Reaction score
wow, you got a lemon. Sorry. Sure it wasn't flooded? No issues with my 20 Laramie or 21 Limited. take that back, one issue with my 20 that needs the driveshaft slip yok greased.
Ya it wasn't flooded, at least wasn't in the Carfax nor are there any signs that I can see anywhere on the truck. This truck also lived in Michigan it's entire life, so it's probably unlikely.

You spent north of $60k on a three year old Limited? Ouch! I spent that on a loaded brand new 2021 Limited less than a year ago. Oh how the times have changed. I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you're having with it. Just one more reason I'm never buying used again. I hate inheriting other people's problems, and not having a warranty to cover them. I'm assuming you didn't purchase an extended warranty?
Ya tell me about it. Although I'm guessing you're is missing some of the features ours has as building a 2021 with the exact same configuration puts it at about $72k and that's about on par with what it was when we were looking last fall.

Unfortunately we didn't have an option to purchase an extended warranty otherwise I probably would have done it knowing ask of the electronics just waiting to fail on this thing.

On the plus side I was able to get the broken Sirius XM stations working after messing around with it more. It had something to do with the memory settings. To fix it, I explicitly selected 2 and waited for the settings recall notification to go away then stored the settings for 2 again again, then did the same thing for 1 and voila it no longer tells me to subscribe to listen.

Although this morning I had the blank screen issue so yay!

Also someone else's post reminded me about another issue we also have with the truck sounding like Chewbacca when backing up in the morning and pressing the brakes.

Attachments

• 20220325_064416.jpg
    20220325_064416.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 14

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya tell me about it. Although I'm guessing you're is missing some of the features ours has as building a 2021 with the exact same configuration puts it at about $72k and that's about on par with what it was when we were looking last fall.

I know this doesn't help now (unless you want to dump this one and start over) but I bought my 21 around the same time as Mike did last year for a little under 60 before taxes and mine had an MSRP of 71,410.

Just have to order from Mark Dodge in Louisiana and you can get into a new one at a decent price still, many of us on here have happily bought from them and either made the trip there or had it shipped to us.

Otherwise I'm sorry I can't help with your problems, the 2019 was the first year of the 5th generation and it was an early release as that. So even more than usual for a redesigned new generation, 2019 buyers ran the risk of being real world testers for all the problems that needed to get worked out.

If you're going to get help with these problems though it will likely be from the forums, so hopefully someone here can help with the issues you're having.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My '21 Limited had an MSRP north of $75k, but I paid less than $64k for it. Check my sig below for my truck details. I'm not missing anything on this truck, trust me. 😁

Also someone else's post reminded me about another issue we also have with the truck sounding like Chewbacca when backing up in the morning and pressing the brakes.
For your brake issue, you might want to check out this thread. There are three TSB's that might address that problem...

Last edited:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These things are real finicky if there is anything going on with the battery. Since the truck is 3 years old, I would do 2 things....replace the factory H7 battery with an H8 AGM (there is a small bracket or something that will need to be removed, but it will otherwise drop in no problem). Second, I would so a factory reset on the radio, yes it sucks but it has helped fixed issues. Sucks that you're having so many issues.

mwalkuski

Reaction score
These things are real finicky if there is anything going on with the battery. Since the truck is 3 years old, I would do 2 things....replace the factory H7 battery with an H8 AGM (there is a small bracket or something that will need to be removed, but it will otherwise drop in no problem). Second, I would so a factory reset on the radio, yes it sucks but it has helped fixed issues. Sucks that you're having so many issues.
Thanks for that, I may look into replacing the battery or at least having it tested.... Trust me I WANT to do a factory reset and start over, but apparently that's not possible without going to the dealer with the UConnect 12 system. I have searched and tried every method listed out there, but none of them work.

mwalkuski

Reaction score
My '21 Limited had an MSRP north of $75k, but I paid less than $64k for it. Check my sig below for my truck details. I'm not missing anything on this truck, trust me. 😁

For your brake issue, you might want to check out this thread. There are three TSB's that might address that problem...
I somewhat despise you right now lol. You're missing the electronic locking axle and the 3.92 hear ratio, but that appears to be it... Not worth the 10k difference.

I'll check out those TSBs, thanks for sharing those.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I somewhat despise you right now lol. You're missing the electronic locking axle and the 3.92 hear ratio, but that appears to be it... Not worth the 10k difference.

I'll check out those TSBs, thanks for sharing those.
I wasn't interested in the rear locker. The anti-spin is more appropriate for how I use my truck. And since I never tow anything, I'm perfectly happy with the "girlie" 3.21 gear. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online