5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn

Ezkobar

Reaction score
What’s up guys, first time Ram owner. Coming from a 15 GMC Sierra Denali. Loving the truck so far but had some questions.

I chose the longhorn because I loved the interior. I have 2 changes in mind I’m hoping you guys had some info on:
1. Is to upgrade the existing grille to a limited grille.
2. Is the possibility of upgrading the stock hood to the sport hood.

Basically just want to know if they are possible without making too many other changes. Wasn’t sure if the hood would fit the Longhorn/Limited grille shape.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 140FEB49-C45C-4563-B039-CD9D813EC776.jpeg
    140FEB49-C45C-4563-B039-CD9D813EC776.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 34

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s up guys, first time Ram owner. Coming from a 15 GMC Sierra Denali. Loving the truck so far but had some questions.

I chose the longhorn because I loved the interior. I have 2 changes in mind I’m hoping you guys had some info on:

Basically just want to know if they are possible without making too many other changes. Wasn’t sure if the hood would fit the Longhorn/Limited grille shape.

Thanks guys!
Where are you located? I might just want to pick up a spare Longhorn grille ;)

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thanks guys!
Both can be done

4TFive

Reaction score
Both can be done
Can't help you on the grill but the Ram cold air kit works across all models with different hoods so ...... Also I'm coming from a 15 Denali into a Longhorn. Did you have the 8 speed and how is the Ram's transmission compared to the Denali? Do you have the air suspension or coils? How is it compared to the magneride?

Ezkobar

Reaction score
Can't help you on the grill but the Ram cold air kit works across all models with different hoods so ...... Also I'm coming from a 15 Denali into a Longhorn. Did you have the 8 speed and how is the Ram's transmission compared to the Denali? Do you have the air suspension or coils? How is it compared to the magneride?
I believe I like the shifting on Ram better so far. I’ve always felt like there was something wrong with it on the Denali but dealer always said it’s made that way. I have coils and the ride is pretty damn smooth on the Ram. I thought about going the air suspension route but just worried about repairs in the future. One of my magneride shocks were going out on my Denali and the price was pretty high to replace. I imagine air suspension would be even higher.

Users who are viewing this thread