5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500/ Fog light issue. Not working.

Mac10

Reaction score
New to the Group.

Thank You, in advance for any help.

2019 RAM 1500 / North Edition (16000 miles)

Install: H11 Fog Light, LED install. YELLOW / replace stock bulbs.

I ordered *LED GTR ULTRA 2 fog lights. From a Reputable company.

ISSUE: Fog lights worked without the "anti Flicker".

I called the company, to make another order, and was told I need "anti Flicker", box on every LED install.

Now, I have NO FOG lights.
Everything else works. I simply, just wanted AMBER fog Lights. " HR...."

ALL Parts, are from the same company.

I did check the connectors, and all (+ and -) , are in the correct install.

Did I fry something?

Looking for some advice / Help
Respect.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Switch to Diode Dynamic LED SS3 pod lights and be done…………plug and play and superior light output compared to just the bulbs.

0d924759313c946c1068cb6bfde5d17e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac10

Reaction score
Matt, Thank YOU for the response. Install? Do I have to remove old housing, and get a bracket? Any sources, on where to purchase? I want YELLOW. I am new to this, Thank You for your assistance.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Matt, Thank YOU for the response. Install? Do I have to remove old housing, and get a bracket? Any sources, on where to purchase? I want YELLOW. I am new to this, Thank You for your assistance.

Install was SUPER easy for me. However, I’m also a tech for Audi for 16yrs now soooooo…….. it really was simple. Just remove the factory light assembly. Replaced with the DD unit. Their kit for the 1500 comes with EVERYTHING you need and their instructions are awesome. Their customer support is top freaking notch if you need help. Simply go to diodedynamics.com click the link for vehicle specific and search that way. They have multiple beam patterns and power outputs. I went with the SS3 Max fog pattern.

Mac10

Reaction score
New to the Group.

Thank You, in advance for any help.

2019 RAM 1500 / North Edition (16000 miles)

Install: H11 Fog Light, LED install. YELLOW / replace stock bulbs.

I ordered *LED GTR ULTRA 2 fog lights. From a Reputable company.

ISSUE: Fog lights worked without the "anti Flicker".

I called the company, to make another order, and was told I need "anti Flicker", box on every LED install.

Now, I have NO FOG lights.
Everything else works. I simply, just wanted AMBER fog Lights. " HR...."

ALL Parts, are from the same company.

I did check the connectors, and all (+ and -) , are in the correct install.

Did I fry something?

Looking for some advice / Help
Respect.
Got Power to the lights. Returning everything.

Mac10

Reaction score
Install was SUPER easy for me. However, I’m also a tech for Audi for 16yrs now soooooo…….. it really was simple. Just remove the factory light assembly. Replaced with the DD unit. Their kit for the 1500 comes with EVERYTHING you need and their instructions are awesome. Their customer support is top freaking notch if you need help. Simply go to diodedynamics.com click the link for vehicle specific and search that way. They have multiple beam patterns and power outputs. I went with the SS3 Max fog pattern.

THANK YOU, SIR.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
I've seen that photo multiple times and am still blown away by the light output.

That’s foglights on ONLY too………this one is with both low beam and fog……
4fb5110e4c9e13144369fdda0cd8cea8.jpg

Had to adjust the fogs but that gives a good contrast.

Mac10

Reaction score
Matt, Just got mine delivered today.. First chance I get, I will install. Question??? Do you run these going down the road < Get return traffic "bright lights" Annoyed other drivers?

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Matt, Just got mine delivered today.. First chance I get, I will install. Question??? Do you run these going down the road < Get return traffic "bright lights" Annoyed other drivers?

Yes I do. I normally run just the fogs during daylight hours. The factory DRLs are effing garbage. Due to the fog light pattern it’s self, the light is dispersed down and outward. I don’t usually get hit with oncoming high beams at all.

Users who are viewing this thread