5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Etorque Died wouldn’t start

RobsRam

Reaction score
Original owner 57,000 mi. Since purchase had numerous electrical issues from electrical going haywire to not starting but never a stall while driving. Yesterday while crawling at 20 mph on very nice gravel road I hit a little washboarding. The vibration stalled the truck. When I attempted to restart engine would turn over but not start until battery died. You could tell it wasn’t get gas or spark. I Jumped it a few times same results. When I checked the fuses under the hood fuse F59 25amp was blown. There was one spare in the box replaced it truck started with jump went about 500 yards down the road and truck stalled again with all the same issues and blown fuse. I had no more spare fuses. Had truck towed 2 hours ride to dealer. Is this a grounding issue software issue that controls ignition or ignition coil issue??

23RAM

Reaction score
Original owner 57,000 mi. Since purchase had numerous electrical issues from electrical going haywire to not starting but never a stall while driving. Yesterday while crawling at 20 mph on very nice gravel road I hit a little washboarding. The vibration stalled the truck.
Sounds like a loose or corroded ground or power point since the engine cut out over rough road. There's lots of reasons to explain your previous issues too, like poor alternator output, weak battery, etc.

RobsRam

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck from dealer. Dealer found driver side 3rd ignition coil bank wiring arching on bracket. They isolated it and taped it. $382. Little steep for a tape job!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just picked up the truck from dealer. Dealer found driver side 3rd ignition coil bank wiring arching on bracket. They isolated it and taped it. $382. Little steep for a tape job!
Dealer rates are sky high, but they probably didn't find the wire in 10 minutes. The ridiculous thing, is the mechanic doesn't even get 1/3 of the money. Back in the day, it was 50/50, but the dealership owners got greedy.

RobsRam

Reaction score
Wouldn't the truck be throwing codes showing something to do with the coil, spark plug, misfire, etc if in fact it was arching?

Last edited:

RobsRam

Reaction score
1693442065136.jpeg 1693585696707.jpeg

Attachments

• 1693585697347.jpeg
    1693585697347.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
Wouldn't the truck be throwing codes showing something to do with the coil, spark plug, misfire, etc if in fact it was arching?
No, because it is firing, as far as the computer knows. It gets the same signal, whether the injector, the coil, or a short is providing the ground. The only sensor that may pick up something wrong, would be O2 sensor. But the missfire would have to be bad enough to be out of range. It would have to be solidly grounded out.

6of36

Reaction score
Would it blow the F59 ignition coil fuse?
Yes and no. It will blow the fuse, because it's a short. However since it's not a "dead short" , it may not blow right away. If it's not grounded, when you install the new fuse, it won't blow until a bump causes it to ground out.

Users who are viewing this thread