5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Classic (2018 body) humming noise from rear end underneath at low RPM

billydkid5

Reaction score
So I've seen hundreds of people complaining about a similar noise, took to the dealership, unable to duplicate which I think is just a standard response they're using because they don't know how to fix the problem.
Same as other stories, doesn't matter what speed your at, when the RPM's are between 1200 and 1400 and the gas is pressed very lightly, from the rear end area I get a grrrrrrr grrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise. vibration/ humming. when you let off the gas it stops. truck is essentially new, 19K miles. There is definitely a problem. It's not the MDS, because it does it when i go to 8th gear, and also when tow haul is on. it's a 2WD, so it's not that either. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Next time you hear the noise, roll the windows down. If it stops the problem is in the active noise cancellation system (ANC). There is a TSB to correct the issue. You can also fix it yourself by disabling the system altogether

Users who are viewing this thread