5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn

bswannack

Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn in August of 2018. I have had my pickup into the service center 8 times now for various reasons and am getting tired of having to drive 40 miles each way for repairs. The most recent problems are as follows: grinding sound when backing up first thing in the morning (this sounds like metal on metal and began happening around 4,000 miles), deep muffled sound upon letting off accelerator (this has happened since I bought it and gotten worse - dealer states Chrysler hasn't found a fix yet - REALLY?), CarPlay, when I'm in another city, states I'm in my hometown (when I use GPS on my iPhone and it shows where I'm headed and then plug it into the CarPlay, it states I'm in my hometown. These are only a few of the problems I've encountered with my large investment. I'm ready to drop off the pickup and say goodbye! When a customer pays that kind of money for an automobile, it should not have this many issues. I realize things come up, but this has been a disaster from day 1. I also had an issue, which was fixed, with a knocking noise in frame where the manufacturer forgot to install insulation. This took over two weeks and 3 visits to complete.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see what your question was...? Or was there no question and you just came to vent? Couldn't really figure out what the point of this post was...

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Ship it baby, you got a lemon like I did; sold mine for 35k and went back to Toyota. Not the most up to date truck but great resale and tough as heck!

Bear

Attachments

• 20190516_173729.jpg
    20190516_173729.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread