5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 bighorn electrical problems

odellgs

Reaction score
i bought a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn in june 2019. the truck has been great (6,000 miles) til 3 weeks ago. went to move the truck and got no reaction to key fob when trying to get into truck. used key to open door then checked battery. it was down to just over 9 volts. tried to jump battery but still would not start. heard a whining noise coming from engine compartment. started pulling fuses to stop noise and 2nd fuse pulled f60 stopped noise. called dealer and then called roadside to house to pick up. dealer had it for a day or so and simply charged battery and said truck was fine. drove it home where it sat two days. after two days, again it would do nothing. had it towed again to dealer. it has been there for two weeks now. they have tried several different parts to fix this, i donot have the list, each one taking a couple of days to get. i got a call this afternoon that their tech cannot solve the issue and that chrysler engineers will have to get involved and work together with tech fixing the truck. so i have a truck with electrical problems that they have not been able to fix. the start switch on the truck comes on and off randomly. has anyone had an issue like this, and what was the experience have the tech working with an engineer? how much slower do the wheels turn cause these guys have to coordinate with each other and that takes time. any help is appreciated. thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My gut feeling is that you have a bad battery. Problem is, a lot of the battery failures reported here have recharged and tested fine, multiple times. And with no failure code printout, no warranty replacement. Plenty of people here have reported bizarre symptoms that defy diagnosis that miraculously disappeared after they bit the bullet and forked over for a new battery.

odellgs

Reaction score
i bought a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn in june 2019. the truck has been great (6,000 miles) til 3 weeks ago. went to move the truck and got no reaction to key fob when trying to get into truck. used key to open door then checked battery. it was down to just over 9 volts. tried to jump battery but still would not start. heard a whining noise coming from engine compartment. started pulling fuses to stop noise and 2nd fuse pulled f60 stopped noise. called dealer and then called roadside to house to pick up. dealer had it for a day or so and simply charged battery and said truck was fine. drove it home where it sat two days. after two days, again it would do nothing. had it towed again to dealer. it has been there for two weeks now. they have tried several different parts to fix this, i donot have the list, each one taking a couple of days to get. i got a call this afternoon that their tech cannot solve the issue and that chrysler engineers will have to get involved and work together with tech fixing the truck. so i have a truck with electrical problems that they have not been able to fix. the start switch on the truck comes on and off randomly. has anyone had an issue like this, and what was the experience have the tech working with an engineer? how much slower do the wheels turn cause these guys have to coordinate with each other and that takes time. any help is appreciated. thanks

My gut feeling is that you have a bad battery. Problem is, a lot of the battery failures reported here have recharged and tested fine, multiple times. And with no failure code printout, no warranty replacement. Plenty of people here have reported bizarre symptoms that defy diagnosis that miraculously disappeared after they bit the bullet and forked over for a new battery.
thanks for the reply. still under warranty so dealer already installed a new battery on 2nd trip to shop. the issues still persist and at least now they are keeping it instead of sending it home again. i don't see a quick turnaround here.

odellgs

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. still under warranty so dealer already installed a new battery on 2nd trip to shop. the issues still persist and at least now they are keeping it instead of sending it home again. i don't see a quick turnaround here

Users who are viewing this thread