5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Big horn Exhaust

Dart_man440

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I been reading quite a bit on the Hemi exhaust/broken stud problem and it seams like quite a normal occurrence. I purchase the truck a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't notice any issues until a week later. It started with a knocking sound for just a second after I started the truck, I checked oil and oil pressure as soon as I started the truck and am quite sure is not valve train related. couple of days ago it was very cold, as soon as I started the the truck it made a horrible rattling noise from the driver side. Am sure its the driver side manifold. Considering that this is a common problem, my question is, is this covered under the Drive Train warranty? Thank you in advance,
Rob.

Hunt2687

Reaction score
They have a tendency to blow the exhaust manifold gaskets. Both of mine went on my 2020 pretty early on. Had a couple broken studs too. Dealer said it was a known and common problem but I haven’t had a problem since they replaced them. The hemi has a slight tick to it when it’s first started up but it’s normal and not a problem. If your exhaust manifold studs or gasket is bad it’s a whole different ticking noise and it won’t go away. As far as the loud noise when it started when it’s super cold mine does it too for a couple seconds but it’s more of a whining noise that a rattling noise. I think it’s just a characteristic that happens when it’s super cold I’ve never had a problem with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread