5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Bed Camera

mdnyrx

Reaction score
Looking at the 2019 Ram 2500 trucks, there is an option for a camera mounted in the third brake light for view of the bed and 5th wheel hookup, the option is called "Center High-Mount Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera." I didn't see this option on the 1500s and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on if this cam be fitted to a 1500 truck? Looks like the same light housing mounts, and Uconnect screen setups in the 1500 an 2500 trucks. I'm guessing it would take purchasing the 2500 part, running an extra line and a dealer willing to program the infotainment to recognize it but I'm wondering if anyone has looked into, or tried this.

Jawzz

Reaction score
I would also like to know if the cargo camera is something we can add. Hopefully without major modifications. I have a 2019 1500 limited with the 12 inch screen.

SacRebel

Reaction score
I would totally dig that too but only it it was plug and play. The last thing I'd want to do is run wire and have to figure out how to connect everything.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not the expert here but it seems if you put a video switch inline between the rear camera and the screen then you could add whatever extra camera(s) you wanted. When the screen shows your rear camera, you could then use your external switch to toggle between bed, back of trailer, whatever. This would require no modification to the stock AV system of the truck. Make sense?

Even if there was another camera input on the stock setup, there's no telling if ours are programmed to use it and that could be a big showstopper.

Firebird

Reaction score
Had that option on my 2018 2500 and loved it! That's one option I miss

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An easier solution would be to add a dual dash cam to your truck. You can then use the rear camera as your bed cam. You'd just need to use a separate screen (or cell phone) for that view. Great place to start would be this thread:

Joe Roberts

Reaction score
How do I keep the cargo camera on when hooking a 5th wheel? It goes off as soon as I put it into reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread