5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 battery fluctuation, 12.1 to 14.1

Jac1984

Reaction score
My battery is fluctuating and almost making the truck die even driving with full load. I trickle charge the battery and it worked fine for a week and then it started acting up again. Can anybody help me? Should I buy a new battery or is it a different issue?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My battery is fluctuating and almost making the truck die even driving with full load. I trickle charge the battery and it worked fine for a week and then it started acting up again. Can anybody help me? Should I buy a new battery or is it a different issue?
replace the battery

23RAM

Reaction score
You didn't provide any details about your truck like age, mileage, etc. so it could be anything. Bad grounds, loose connection, etc. It could also be a charging issue where the battery is not recharged properly. Or the battery is old or weak and not holding a charge.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
get the battery load tested. As posted above, most likely have to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online