5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 aces IIHS crash tests

big.T

Reaction score
Actually, the LED projectors on the Limited are what brought the average down.. As the halogen reflectors and led reflectors of the lower trims had better results, resulting in a "Moderate" rating, to the LED projectors getting a "Poor" rating.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, the LED projectors on the Limited are what brought the average down.. As the halogen reflectors and led reflectors of the lower trims had better results, resulting in a "Moderate" rating, to the LED projectors getting a "Poor" rating.
Interesting, didn't see any specifics. I know the LEDs in my Ram are far superior to the ones I had in my 2016 F150.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I find it funny the only issue that they had with the LEDs projectors was excessive glare, yet gave it a poor rating.

Trim level(s)
  • Laramie Longhorn trim
  • Limited trim
Low-beam headlight type LED projector
High-beam headlight type LED projector
Curve-adaptive? Yes
Automatically switches between low beams and high beams (high-beam assist)? Yes
Overall rating P

Low beams
On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good in all 4 tests.
The low beams created excessive glare.
High beams
On the straightaway, visibility was fair on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good in all 4 tests.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

the LED headlights are far superior to any I've had on any previous truck (Ram/Titan)

Users who are viewing this thread