5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 2WD - Air bag installation - DIY

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think we need to know some more info. Are you looking to install a helper sensor system like Manny mentioned, or are you looking for a full system that replaces the struts and coils?

I have installed a lot of full air suspension systems on various trucks, but not on the new body ram yet.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I want to be able to level out the truck, and trailer while towing.
Well. Depending on the system you're going to choose, it will vary.
In general, installing rear air bag lift is not considered hard. If you know what you're doing and it's not your first time actually working on a truck, it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to complete.

Airlift has great products and if you go with one of the AIRLIFT1000 kits, it will be very easy to install and use. It's a simple system that you fill up like a tire, look this name up( airlift 1000hd) and see what other members of the forum have to say about this upgrade.
It's a good, simple system.
Link to their website: https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/air-lift-1000-hd/

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to get crazy with it, you could do an Airlift 3H/3P air management with height sensors. That way you can have auto leveling when your running heavy.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Well. Depending on the system you're going to choose, it will vary.
In general, installing rear air bag lift is not considered hard. If you know what you're doing and it's not your first time actually working on a truck, it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to complete.

Airlift has great products and if you go with one of the AIRLIFT1000 kits, it will be very easy to install and use. It's a simple system that you fill up like a tire, look this name up( airlift 1000hd) and see what other members of the forum have to say about this upgrade.
It's a good, simple system.
Link to their website: https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/air-lift-1000-hd/
Thanks Manny. I'm getting older but I do have some mechanical ability. I've rebuilt a few engines although it's been a long time ago, brake jobs, etc. I will give these air bags a try.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Manny. I'm getting older but I do have some mechanical ability. I've rebuilt a few engines although it's been a long time ago, brake jobs, etc. I will give these air bags a try.
If you did all of that - this project will be easy peasy for you!
Good luck Glenn!

Users who are viewing this thread