5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Power Wagon Factory "F" up

Meatshield

Reaction score
Hi to all. New here. Just wanted to get some advice on an issue that I found on my 2019 Power Wagon. I have had my truck for about 15 months now and it primarily sits in my driveway because I use a company truck. So it only has 4500 miles on it. I keep a tano cover on it so I never look at the bed. But recently I went to load a ladder into the back of it and I noticed that the bed had a bulge in it that was about the size of a softball and came from underneath the truck. I bought the truck brand new and have never taken it off-roading or used it for what it was meant for. So I crawled under the truck and stuck my phone up so that the camera could look between the frame and the bed in the area of the passenger side rear coil spring where the bulge was. I took a few pics and it looks like there is some kind of plastic connector trapped in-between the bed and frame causing the bulge from underneath. I am guessing at the factory this part was sitting on the frame when the married the bed to the truck. I cannot get to it to get it out and I am guessing I will have to take it to the dealer for them to remove the bed to get to it.

My question is what can I expect the dealer to do? I am guessing that they will remove the part and I am stuck with the dent in the bed from the factory f up. The truck does not have any scratches on it and for the price of 60k I want to keep it that way. The dealer involvement scares me because of their work. Thoughts?

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 108
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 108
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 108

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow! that's crazy. Someone on the factory line must have been like, " hey Tony...where's the coniglee-pin adapter?...did you leave it on the last truck?..oh ****!"... seriously though, I would want a new bed, but it could be repaired. Removing a bed is not a big job, 2.5 hours is what most estimate systems allow. You should take it in for service to look at and decide the best way to deal with it. My guess is they will order you a box.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fortunately you have an obvious mistake there and would be very difficult for the dealership to wiggle out of. You should be fine. This will be a body shop repair unless damage occurred to the connector. Body guys are usually pretty careful. Take pictures of your truck before it goes to the dealer just in case it gets damaged

Meatshield

Reaction score
wow! that's crazy. Someone on the factory line must have been like, " hey Tony...where's the coniglee-pin adapter?...did you leave it on the last truck?..oh ****!"... seriously though, I would want a new bed, but it could be repaired. Removing a bed is not a big job, 2.5 hours is what most estimate systems allow. You should take it in for service to look at and decide the best way to deal with it. My guess is they will order you a box.
Do you know what that part is? Where should it go? I can't find anywhere where there is something missing. I am guessing it is an extra one.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a factory bed liner or aftermarket? You'd think someone would have noticed that when the bed liner was applied. I'd take it to the dealer. It's pretty obvious that happened during assembly, and you're still under warranty. I doubt you'll get a new bed out of it, but I'm sure it will be a simple thing for them to deal with.

Meatshield

Reaction score
Is that a factory bed liner or aftermarket? You'd think someone would have noticed that when the bed liner was applied. I'd take it to the dealer. It's pretty obvious that happened during assembly, and you're still under warranty. I doubt you'll get a new bed out of it, but I'm sure it will be a simple thing for them to deal with.
It's a factory bed liner. I just got off the phone with the dealer and made an appointment to take it in. They said they will make it right but I'm sure I won't get a new bed out of it. With the part stuck in there when you walk around in the bed the metal flexes and pops around the dent. SO once they remove it I'm sure that will be worse walking in the bed. It goes in on the 28th I will post a follow up.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know what that part is? Where should it go? I can't find anywhere where there is something missing. I am guessing it is an extra one.
don't worry, highly doubt it was supposed to go on/in your truck. Something was left on the frame, it went to the next station and the robot put the bed on. I am surprised the robot didn't have a sensor that would have picked up a foreign object like that though. If they repair, the bed comes off, the Rhino Liner has to be removed in that area, the bed floor straightened, then the liner redone...plan on at least a week in a body shop, maybe a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online