5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Mirrors replace

TheIronLurp

Reaction score
Hello.

I bought a used 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Does anyone know if I bought tow mirros from a 2021 or up that had power fold and 360 camers if that could work? (Provided I add the control modules, make the program updates and so on)?

Id find that easier than buying the full kit from Infotainment.com that adds power fold and trying to hack the casing for cameras. (Or maybe that is easy...I dont know).

I alao do not know if a mirror has a camera in it if the camera has its own line back to the 360 control module or if it rides on the wire harness from the mirror through that connecter, over the CAN and then to the 360 module.

If I missed some super obvious post on here already covering this question appologies in advance.
Thanks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello.

I bought a used 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Does anyone know if I bought tow mirros from a 2021 or up that had power fold and 360 camers if that could work? (Provided I add the control modules, make the program updates and so on)?

Id find that easier than buying the full kit from Infotainment.com that adds power fold and trying to hack the casing for cameras. (Or maybe that is easy...I dont know).

I alao do not know if a mirror has a camera in it if the camera has its own line back to the 360 control module or if it rides on the wire harness from the mirror through that connecter, over the CAN and then to the 360 module.

If I missed some super obvious post on here already covering this question appologies in advance.
Thanks.
Search is your friend as this has been answered before. Also, I wrote a how to on adding surround view camera system. Again, this is posted to the top of this modification section or using search.

Users who are viewing this thread