5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited , would live a lift kit but will it void all my warranty or

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It will only void the warranty of a component failure that they can prove was caused by the lift.

Briangraff79

Reaction score
They will fight you on everything with the lift...even if the lift was added to the vehicle when it was purchased...it is so dumb. I had a 6 inch readylift put on my 2019 3500 by the dealership and now that i am in a different state they are arguing about issues covered cuz they say its lift related. My electronic stability control service comes on every time i use cruise control.

Attachments

• 20191123_153210.jpg
    20191123_153210.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 50

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I'll copy and paste my reply from another thread:

It's simple.

Any aftermarket lift will void the RAM warranty for any issues related to that aftermarket lift. Which can include many driveline components.

If a dealer tells you they will not void your warranty if they install an aftermarket lift then that promise is only with that specific dealer (and you better get it in writing). If you go to another dealer with an issue they can tell you to get lost. If they have to get RAM to approve the warranty work I can almost guarantee you they will deny you. Worse case being they flag your truck in the system for aftermarket suspension; so that even if you take the truck back to stock it won't matter. Congrats, your VIN is now flagged for their entire dealer network.

The ONLY lift that is honored by RAM is the Mopar lift. If it's installed by a 3rd party your suspension warranty may still be questioned if they decide the fault is with the install.

I've been dealing with this type of stuff for decades in the car tuner world.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
They will fight you on everything with the lift...even if the lift was added to the vehicle when it was purchased...it is so dumb. I had a 6 inch readylift put on my 2019 3500 by the dealership and now that i am in a different state they are arguing about issues covered cuz they say its lift related. My electronic stability control service comes on every time i use cruise control.

Not surprised. Not the new dealers fault. Could very well be related to your lift/tire setup.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
BDS and Zone both give you a free a 10 year/ 100k mile warranty for Rams (More info here: https://560plus.com/) Plus they are both
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No.126 Compliant (More info here: http://560plus.com/fmvss.html) "This highly specialized test was performed to show the installation of this particular BDS, JKS® or Zone suspension system, with a specific tire and wheel package would not compromise the performance and effectiveness of the vehicle's Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. "

Users who are viewing this thread