5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited with wrong radio ID and WiFi doesn't correspond with VIN

Scott936

Reaction score
Ive had the truck 4 days each day as I try to set up something and all Ive had is issues. Radio ID is wrong ID for the VIN so say Sirius... So I log into ATT to set up WIFI, enter the VIN and get the message VIN not found. Is it possible for dealership's to change a Radio ID and does a radio ID effect WIFI?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you buy the truck new? If so I would say that somehow it was just initialized incorrectly at the factory. Dealer should be able to get it straightened out with them.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, I’ve heard about them swapping radios with refurbished ones if they were having a lot of issues with the original and Sirius doesn’t know about it so the radio doesn’t match the VIN . Dealer should be able to fix that.

Scott936

Reaction score
Welcome, I’ve heard about them swapping radios with refurbished ones if they were having a lot of issues with the original and Sirius doesn’t know about it so the radio doesn’t match the VIN . Dealer should be able to fix that.
Verified radio that in it is the original radio, that what I first thought also

Scott936

Reaction score
Did you buy the truck new? If so I would say that somehow it was just initialized incorrectly at the factory. Dealer should be able to get it straightened out with them.
Yep bought it new the past Tuesday... Ive talked with the dealer going back Tuesday but the are so many things that just dont add up.... I've had 4 Rams before this one and not one has ever given me an issue...

Scott936

Reaction score
Definitely odd. Keep us posted what they say and do
To add more oddity to this mess, the Sirius phone number on the screen is to Canada, so I called it to start the process and the guy tells me that a USA truck cal this number for USA... Why would a US built truck have a Canadian phone number???

RJS

Reaction score
Does your truck have a Canadian window sticker, if not you may need more from the dealer.
In my case, Sirius told me my 19 Laramie was a used vehicle in spite of the fact it was never registered and the paper trail was intact from the factory so they were only going to give me a 3 mo free trial. It took sometime on the phone with them on a Sunday morning with me talking to an agent in the Philippines interfacing with him talking to the folks in India to get it corrected.
Took about an hour but they got it sorted out. Tell them that you talked to the dealership again and the radio is OEM from the factory. Don't take it's the wrong radio from them, go up the chain. Be persistent.

Scott936

Reaction score
After 4 hours at the dealership... Sirius cant comprehend my VIN goes with this radio ID, the case was escalated to there "technical" dept so they gave me 2 free months while they figure this out... As of right now... Sirius is working, U connect is working but WIFI is inop.. AT&T is still saying VIN is invalid so the Dealership called RAM to get to the bottom of this.. Im told it will take a couple of days...

Scott936

Reaction score
Received an email today from the dealer/ram care/Uconnect the issues have been escalated to the "Uconnect/Sirius Expert" yep its his title..... As of this writing WIFI still inop.

Scott936

Reaction score
Today being 3/31 truck WIFI is still inoperative, our truck is now sitting back at the dealership while were in a 2020 loaner truck. At the last update 3pm today the tech is in a conference call with Chrysler trying to figure the issue out. As of this writing the ATT website still does not recognize the VIN.

Scott936

Reaction score
Finally... After two days at the dealership the tuck is working correctly, the dealership contacted Chrysler to find a solution to the mismatched radio and VIN issue.

Users who are viewing this thread