5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Ram - Delivered but Dissapointed

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I too have the same “upgraded” tow package. It gives you a class IV receiver hitch instead of the standard class III in addition to the tow mirrors and brake controller.
Sorry, but that’s incorrect. My Longhorn came equipped with a Class IV receiver, and I specifically opted NOT to order the trailer-tow group in order to retain the surround view cameras. I ordered the trailer brake control separately, in effect giving me everything but the tow mirrors. Many members here have done the same, of course.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I provided cautionary tale number 1 in this post earlier. Here is number 2 to anyone reading this. I just checked my window sticker. I am still on order but thanks to this site’s order tracking I can view it. This is right from the sticker:
Surround–View Camera (N/A w/Trailer–Tow Mirrors)
So never take delivery without reading that thing. I’m sure your dealer prepped your truck and stuck it in the glovebox and you didn’t think twice about. But that thing is the autobiography of the truck and it is quick read which reveals a lot.

Ordering is an “advanced user” process. It shouldn’t be, but it is. Stay alert. Ask questions. Double check. I am in the “jump on their offer to take it back” camp. If it is going to bother you to keep it and it really sounds like it is. It would bother me. Unless you must have the truck now. Be firm but polite about this. There were mistakes on both sides. Perhaps they would be willing to give you a discounted loaner to keep any additional mileage of your trade? Can’t hurt to ask. It’s the five month wait with the trade value that is really hurting you. Not the tow mirrors. Most dealers do not lower trade offers for 8 weeks of depreciation on a trade. Five months is different and that damage is already done and it has nothing to do with tow mirrors.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What makes you believe the rear wheel liners are standard on a Laramie? I also ordered that.

The factory build sheet (which you can download once you take delivery) shows:
  • MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners
  • Front Wheel Well Liners
as standard equipment. Then, under optional equipment, it lists:
  • Rear Wheelhouse Liners
RamCares confirmed that I ordered the optional (heavier duty) liners. Apparently, Laramie on up have them standard, but you can "get the upgrade."

In addition to the Wheel Well waste of $$, here are some other grips with FCA on the option issues:
Level 2 on the Laramie clearly notes Premium Plus sound. I just checked, and the posted options list still shows that. NOPE. Mine has the premium Alpine system, which sounds great, but I'm out 10 speakers and a bigger amp.

Level 2 includes RamCharger. No disclaimers were on the site when I ordered mine with bench seats. Now the site notes RamCharger is "not available with bench seats" but there is no price reduction.

As for the OP, even though this is a well known issue, it was not well known to him...buyers should not be the ones who "find out the hard way." If it was not for this forum, I would have been in his shoes, and very disappointed. The fact the mirrors don't fold is far more important than the lack of 360 view, IMO. Given the mirrors will cost $1700 (or so I've read), this is a major option. One should be able to assume spending more (on a package) get's you more, not less.

Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota have similar issues, but so far, RAM has done nothing to help reduce the "sting" caused by their inconsistent website. Shame on Ram. My friend with a Ford F150 with similar issues received a check to cover the difference plus a certificate to use at a dealership. Great truck, but there is clearly room for improvement in customer service and retention.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The factory build sheet (which you can download once you take delivery) shows:
  • MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners
  • Front Wheel Well Liners
as standard equipment. Then, under optional equipment, it lists:
  • Rear Wheelhouse Liners
RamCares confirmed that I ordered the optional (heavier duty) liners. Apparently, Laramie on up have them standard, but you can "get the upgrade."

In addition to the Wheel Well waste of $$, here are some other grips with FCA on the option issues:
Level 2 on the Laramie clearly notes Premium Plus sound. I just checked, and the posted options list still shows that. NOPE. Mine has the premium Alpine system, which sounds great, but I'm out 10 speakers and a bigger amp.

Level 2 includes RamCharger. No disclaimers were on the site when I ordered mine with bench seats. Now the site notes RamCharger is "not available with bench seats" but there is no price reduction.

As for the OP, even though this is a well known issue, it was not well known to him...buyers should not be the ones who "find out the hard way." If it was not for this forum, I would have been in his shoes, and very disappointed. The fact the mirrors don't fold is far more important than the lack of 360 view, IMO. Given the mirrors will cost $1700 (or so I've read), this is a major option. One should be able to assume spending more (on a package) get's you more, not less.

Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota have similar issues, but so far, RAM has done nothing to help reduce the "sting" caused by their inconsistent website. Shame on Ram. My friend with a Ford F150 with similar issues received a check to cover the difference plus a certificate to use at a dealership. Great truck, but there is clearly room for improvement in customer service and retention.
...and inconsistent brochures, and feature availability guides, etc. The infamous Bed Extender and Bed Step features supposedly included in the Bed Utility Group come to mind.

Reactions: 356

Rjanders

Reaction score
G'Day Everybody

I waited 5.5 months for my 2019 RAM Limited, apparently because I chose to get ram box option, which I really wanted.

Finally yesterday I got my new car, its just beautiful, and I love it, but then my RAM and my dealership basically screwed me or at least after 3 RAM trucks, really disappointed me.

I sat down at the dealership when I ordered it, the salesman asked if I planned to tow anything, I said like a small boat or trailer. He suggested I needed to order the Trailer Package, now I thought this meant I would get a tow hitch and the trailer connections, so I said OK.

Now here's the dilemma (and I saw another thread on this) but I think this needs to be said out loud for others to learn. The trailer package is really just the Towing Mirrors + Trailer Brake, nothing more or less than I can see. But here is the killer, that option takes away the 360 degree surround view that was part of a more expensive package I had ordered and also removed the power folding mirrors.

My salesman didn't know about this, didn't warn me about this. Didn't even give me a heads up eg: "if you get this package, do you know a major safety feature and highly promoted feature will be removed" - NADA / NOTHING !!

After we have had the truck for couple hours, we realize something major is wrong, I try to power close the mirrors, then realize that option isn't there, I google and find many others caught and upset by this. I talk to the dealership, basically after many angry calls, the end result is "I am really just stuck with the car" - too bad, its too late, kind of thing. How can this be on a $66,000 truck ? - The supposed most advanced and luxurious truck can't afford to have decent towing mirrors that don't take away 360 degree view, and the dealerships don't even understand the options they are selling their clients.

Now, to be fair to my dealership, the manager offered to take my truck back, as he hadn't sent the title papers yet, But I would have to order a new truck (the last one took 5 months) - they would have to change the trade in value because I had been driving my original trade in for 5 months while waiting for the truck, and I had already changed my insurance and registration over.

Think about this - The Equipment option package cost $2700, that included the 360 degree surround view, the upgrade to tow package cost $400 - I paid $400 to upgrade to mirrors I didn't want and lost features I had paid for in the previously purchased package (major features without warning that would happen)

Is this really the best RAM can do on their top of the line truck ???

Frustrated and Disappointed
Rob

OK - sorry been on a craft fair for two days - I found a copy of the original window sticker I based my order on, I have blacked out the VIN and DEALER information and highlighted the trailer tow group info and the section showing where it still shows we are getting the 360deg view included (NOT REMOVED) - the updated stickers now state the MIRRORS are MANUAL FOLD AWAY - and the new sticker also states in the 360 degree view section (REMOVED WITH TOW MIRRORS) - the original sticker I based my order off does not show we loose these features

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_4121_web.jpg
    IMG_4121_web.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 34

Rjanders

Reaction score
...and inconsistent brochures, and feature availability guides, etc. The infamous Bed Extender and Bed Step features supposedly included in the Bed Utility Group come to mind.

see the window sticker I have attached

Rjanders

Reaction score
What model did you get? At least on a Laramie the tow pack does not upgrade the hitch or harness. So it is even lamer than it sounds.

I have attached the original window sticker I based my order off (a car already in the yard but wrong color and no ram boxes) - they have now changed the wnidow stickers to make it clear you loose 360 degree view, but on the original sticker it DOES NOT SHOW THIS

Phiefer

Reaction score
G'Day Everybody

I waited 5.5 months for my 2019 RAM Limited, apparently because I chose to get ram box option, which I really wanted.

Finally yesterday I got my new car, its just beautiful, and I love it, but then my RAM and my dealership basically screwed me or at least after 3 RAM trucks, really disappointed me.

I sat down at the dealership when I ordered it, the salesman asked if I planned to tow anything, I said like a small boat or trailer. He suggested I needed to order the Trailer Package, now I thought this meant I would get a tow hitch and the trailer connections, so I said OK.

Now here's the dilemma (and I saw another thread on this) but I think this needs to be said out loud for others to learn. The trailer package is really just the Towing Mirrors + Trailer Brake, nothing more or less than I can see. But here is the killer, that option takes away the 360 degree surround view that was part of a more expensive package I had ordered and also removed the power folding mirrors.

My salesman didn't know about this, didn't warn me about this. Didn't even give me a heads up eg: "if you get this package, do you know a major safety feature and highly promoted feature will be removed" - NADA / NOTHING !!

After we have had the truck for couple hours, we realize something major is wrong, I try to power close the mirrors, then realize that option isn't there, I google and find many others caught and upset by this. I talk to the dealership, basically after many angry calls, the end result is "I am really just stuck with the car" - too bad, its too late, kind of thing. How can this be on a $66,000 truck ? - The supposed most advanced and luxurious truck can't afford to have decent towing mirrors that don't take away 360 degree view, and the dealerships don't even understand the options they are selling their clients.

Now, to be fair to my dealership, the manager offered to take my truck back, as he hadn't sent the title papers yet, But I would have to order a new truck (the last one took 5 months) - they would have to change the trade in value because I had been driving my original trade in for 5 months while waiting for the truck, and I had already changed my insurance and registration over.

Think about this - The Equipment option package cost $2700, that included the 360 degree surround view, the upgrade to tow package cost $400 - I paid $400 to upgrade to mirrors I didn't want and lost features I had paid for in the previously purchased package (major features without warning that would happen)

Is this really the best RAM can do on their top of the line truck ???

Frustrated and Disappointed
Rob
I feel your pain.
I spent countless hours looking at the sales literature and ram website before placing my order.
Because of the cost, I would do a reorder and get it EXACTLY as I want it.
The 360 cameras are so nice for checking the curb, not to mention so much else.
Something to consider.... I have a Silver Limited that will most likely ship this week to southern Minnesota. My dealer let me order two different colors and pick the one I wanted. My black truck arrived last week and I bought it.
If anyone deserves to bypass the long wait, I would nominate you.
The build sheet is available and window sticker should be available soon. Sticker will be >70k. This truck is also being tracked by BOTS and I keep its status updates on the free tracking sheet as well.
Wishing you well on whatever you decide.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Dang... I was wondering about the bench seat and the wireless charging feature, though not a deal breaker but seems easy enough to have that in the bench seat console.... cest la vie.

Cheers!
Gray

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Yes, that one almost caught a lot of us, but the tow mirrors has been widely reported on this site for some time now. As far as my Ram Dealership, disappointing at best. Just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and they had just put there 1st rep thru the 19 Ram course. Then I had to point out things he missed, Gee!

hollaifyahemi

Reaction score
I am not sure if my response will help, but here it is. First, I was lucky to find the forum and was able to change my order and delete the trailer tow package and add the trailer brake controller. That part went well. I've found several issues that are wrong on the website configurator or misunderstood by the dealers. I needed a bench seat, so I went with the Laramie with Level 2 and Advanced Safety. This should have given me the RamCharger (phone charger) and HK sound system. It didn't. I ordered and paid for "rear wheel liners." Guess what, they took my $, but these wheel liners are standard on the Laramie. I guess the material is different, but I simply wanted liners, I didn't care about the material.

I will not even go into the issues caused by the dealership, which required body shop repairs. They also lied (or were grossly uninformed about the Lifetime Warranty, saying it was no longer available (I bought it elsewhere) and ordered the wrong running boards (Gen 4).

So, what's my opinion of the new Ram. I love it. It's a great truck despite the dealer and the frustrations. The 360 camera is cool but I don't really use it...much like some of the "gee whiz" tech on my wife's car--it looks good on paper, but isn't a deal breaker.

I hope things work for you after the long wait. Keep us informed.

I built my Laramie with the Level 2 and Advanced Safety and it includes the HK sound system. I just re-built it again to make sure and it clearly states the 19 speaker HK system is included. I can't find the Ram Charger though.

Users who are viewing this thread