5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited (from Canada) in Michigan. Good deal?

slowjam

Reaction score
Found a 2019 Limited with 20,000 on the clock asking $43k. Pulled up its window sticker and it is from Canada. I have seen Canadian cars on local Ford (Michigan) Manheim wholesale auctions, but never purchased one. Anything I should be aware of? is the warranty still in place? It is a fully loaded Limited (no etorque).
Thanks...

barr0208

Reaction score
unless the seller has an agreement for a supplemental warranty. Canadian warranty vehicles don't carry over to the usa. it is not a bad price for a limited though. they sell up here for close to $80,000 Canadian new.

slowjam

Reaction score
It’s at a dealer...will inquire. Has been for sale for over 75 days...maybe that’s the reason why they kept dropping the price

tyresmoker

Reaction score
There is no factory warranty support on any FCA vehicle that was initially exported to Canada and brought back across the border to the US.

RJS

Reaction score
A quick look at cargurus.com shows 33 2019 Limited's for sale in the Michigan area. While $43K is on the low end of the pricing most are $45/47K although I didn't check whether Canadian sold or not.

I bought a 14 Sport in 15 from a local Chevy dealer (with 12K miles) that told me there was no warranty but the price $27 was $10K or so under any price I could find for a US used one. They gave me a 6 month bumper to bumper warranty and sold me a 5yr 3'rd party (bumper to bumper) warranty from Fidelity for $1850. However, the Chevy dealer was an authorized shop for Fidelity so they were authorized to repair the truck under warranty.

I bought it and could never quite get the total lack of Mopar warranty thing out of my head. It serve me well for over 4 years and an additional 60K miles. I traded it in on a new Laramie 2019 and they gave me $23.8K for the trade. I made out well but to end a long story. saving a couple of thousand dollars is not worth it IMHO. I saved over $10K so I could justify the gamble but I'd advise you to find a US sold one for the money you are talking about.

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
A Canadian vehicle only has warranty if it is registered in Canada. If registered in the US, no warranty at all. You may be able to buy an aftermarket service contract.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Easy way to tell is to check the carfax. If the initial registration was in Canada, then it was a unit destined for the great white north....

RJS

Reaction score

slowjam

Reaction score
In talking to the dealer, I asked about the warranty issue. He said the third party plans (Zurich Direct) is what they suggest...I think w buying extra warranty on my dime, there is no more “deal” on this truck. Not sure if any recalls would be covered or not. Too much gamble w the Limited trim with so much to “go wrong”...

RJS

Reaction score
In talking to the dealer, I asked about the warranty issue. He said the third party plans (Zurich Direct) is what they suggest...I think w buying extra warranty on my dime, there is no more “deal” on this truck. Not sure if any recalls would be covered or not. Too much gamble w the Limited trim with so much to “go wrong”...
The recalls will be installed as they were on my 14 Sport but you are making the right choice in looking for a US sold model with a Mopar warranty for the price quoted for the Canadian one.

slowjam

Reaction score
Unfortunately, someone will buy it without knowing the whole picture. I'm sure the dealer will gently try to push the extended warranty without disclosing the whole story...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online