5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 limited electrical issues

joelaub

Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m new here, formerly an f150 limited owner and never looking back after the disaster of what the eco crap engine did for me.

I know I read on here about the overhead map lights and assist/sos buttons not working possibly linked to the fuse box in cab and the fuse not properly seated. Has anyone had the same issue with the USB port suddenly losing power as well at the front of the dash? Can it be the same issue?

I’m having a hard time getting access to the fuse box anyway, what happened to the simple panel cover that would pop off and pop back on?

Thank you for reading!

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times in 3 months. In my case, it doesn't seem to be related to a loose fuse. I think something is wrong with the module in the overhead console. The only way to fix it is to lower the overhead console and unplug all 4 plugs. Let it sit for a minute or two, plug them back in and test it. On one occasion, I had to do this 3 times before it "took."

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times in 3 months. In my case, it doesn't seem to be related to a loose fuse. I think something is wrong with the module in the overhead console. The only way to fix it is to lower the overhead console and unplug all 4 plugs. Let it sit for a minute or two, plug them back in and test it. On one occasion, I had to do this 3 times before it "took."
FYI - I just got my truck back from the dealer today. They replaced the overhead console because they said it had an intermittent short in it that was causing my issue. I won't know for a while if it actually fixed it permanently, but a new overhead console can't hurt.

joelaub

Reaction score
FYI - I just got my truck back from the dealer today. They replaced the overhead console because they said it had an intermittent short in it that was causing my issue. I won't know for a while if it actually fixed it permanently, but a new overhead console can't hurt.
Hopefully it is fixed for good. I’m more concerned that the SOS button isn’t functional in case I were to need it

joelaub

Reaction score
I just fixed it based off another’s thread post in case it happens to you again:
Well great news a disassemble and reassemble worked. I check my fuses after Jared helped me pinpoint them and they all checked out. Then I begin to brainstorm hmmm I just begin to wonder if something had come loose because it was not completely plugged in, understanding that the worker were probably mad when they built my truck knowing that they had to work the 4th of July. Then I begin to figure out how to disassemble which I found to be quite simple. The first thing you do is open your sunglass holder and there are two 8mm or 9mm screw, take them out and gently pull on the edges of the panel and it will come right out. The panel has four plugs attached two from the roof and two are just cross connected. I unplugged them all even the cross connection. I the firmly plugged them all back in and screwed it back to the roof and wat da, it's all working now. Now this is a heads up to any of you that experience this and dont want to wait on a dealer which from the looks of all the problems we all probably would have a long wait then they got to diagnose and order parts. Good Luck Men. I hope I save someone time going thru the diagnosis.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I just fixed it based off another’s thread post in case it happens to you again:
So, basically what I said above. The only detail that post is missing is to release the retainer clips (next to the two screws) with your finger before pulling down on the console. I broke those clips on my console when I first removed it, because I didn't know they were there. The good news is, those clips are rather pointless. They don't offer any additional clamping than the screws. I think they're only there to simplify the installation of the console at the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread