5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 limited ceramic coating

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Great job. I’m using CQuartz this weekend hopefully

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I used CQuartz UK on my 2019 Longhorn and it looks like a black mirror

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Yes I did 2 coats. Be sure you have adequate lighting and be absolutely certain you get it all wiped off. I failed to wipe off or rub in a few spots the first time I did my truck. It looked great in my garage but the spots were noticeable, to me only, once I moved it outside. It bothered me enough that I added a lot of lightning to my shop then started all over again

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Yes I did 2 coats. Be sure you have adequate lighting and be absolutely certain you get it all wiped off. I failed to wipe off or rub in a few spots the first time I did my truck. It looked great in my garage but the spots were noticeable, to me only, once I moved it outside. It bothered me enough that I added a lot of lightning to my shop then started all over again
When did you add the second coat . Instructions don’t make sense . It says add a 2 coat within the hour . If it’s past the hour, wait 24 hours.
So does that mean I can add a coat then add it it right after ?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
When did you add the second coat . Instructions don’t make sense . It says add a 2 coat within the hour . If it’s past the hour, wait 24 hours.
So does that mean I can add a coat then add it it right after ?
I did the second coat within an hour. Of course it takes more than an hour to completely do a coat on the whole truck. The way I got around this was to do 1 coat on a few panels then do the second coat on those same panels before moving onto another group of panels. Example; do a coat on the hood and front fenders then turn around and do a second coat on the hood and front fenders. Then move on to the passenger side doors and apply both coats before going to the drivers side doors etc...

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I did the second coat within an hour. Of course it takes more than an hour to completely do a coat on the whole truck. The way I got around this was to do 1 coat on a few panels then do the second coat on those same panels before moving onto another group of panels. Example; do a coat on the hood and front fenders then turn around and do a second coat on the hood and front fenders. Then move on to the passenger side doors and apply both coats before going to the drivers side doors etc...
I’m going to do exactly what you did. Did you too it with Carpro Reload after or did you wait the 24 hours?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I waited a week or so, until the first time I washed it, to use the Reload

Rich51

Reaction score
I have never done ceramic coating before is it really that much better than not? I have read good things but now having my truck for almost a year would it be worth it?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I have never done ceramic coating before is it really that much better than not? I have read good things but now having my truck for almost a year would it be worth it?
That is something only you can answer. I would do it again on my truck but I was able to put it on by myself. I wouldn’t spend the hundreds of dollars some shops charge. Although I understand why they charge so much. I wouldn’t do it cheaply either

Users who are viewing this thread