5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited 12" Volume Missing

RAM309702

Reaction score
Strange issue want to see if anyone else ran into this. About 45 days ago RAM did a recall and upgraded firmware on stereo. It worked fine but about 2 weeks ago I lost all volume. Here is what is happening and how I can fix it, but RAM dealership is not sure what to do. Maybe someone here knows?

- I start up truck and no audio on speakers
- If I change input to anything at all, XM, AM, FM, Blue Tooth, no audio will play
- If I try to turn the volume up or down, the volume display doesn't even show up on the screen
- Turning car off/letting sit over night does nothing
- If I go into audio settings and equalizer and adjust bass or anything, it resets immediately after I change the setting

However, if I hook my iPhone up to the vehicle through Car Play, and then do "Hey Siri, call John" and the call connects and John picks up, THEN all of a sudden speakers work and I can go back to listening to music. John MUST pick up the phone otherwise if it just rings audio doesn't start working.

Any thoughts?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Strange issue want to see if anyone else ran into this. About 45 days ago RAM did a recall and upgraded firmware on stereo. It worked fine but about 2 weeks ago I lost all volume. Here is what is happening and how I can fix it, but RAM dealership is not sure what to do. Maybe someone here knows?

- I start up truck and no audio on speakers
- If I change input to anything at all, XM, AM, FM, Blue Tooth, no audio will play
- If I try to turn the volume up or down, the volume display doesn't even show up on the screen
- Turning car off/letting sit over night does nothing
- If I go into audio settings and equalizer and adjust bass or anything, it resets immediately after I change the setting

However, if I hook my iPhone up to the vehicle through Car Play, and then do "Hey Siri, call John" and the call connects and John picks up, THEN all of a sudden speakers work and I can go back to listening to music. John MUST pick up the phone otherwise if it just rings audio doesn't start working.

Any thoughts?
Try pressing the preset and media buttons on the back of the steering wheel a few times. That should fix it.
It's the center button on the left and right side at the rear of the wheel.

Barrie MacDonald

Reaction score
Hi,
Had a similar problem, ended up being a loose fuse for the amp. Try checking your fuses under steering wheel.
Hope this works for you.
Barrie
2019 Ram Sport

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m now having same issue.
worked fine until software upgrade. Now I have same issue as you . my SiriusXM just keeps saying loading otherwise Ram309702 it’s exact issue.
aThey suppose to be ordering a radio or something.
1st issue with my truck. Otherwise it s great.

RAM309702

Reaction score
When I dropped off at dealership it was happening and service advisor saw. But then service tech couldn't re-create. I picked it up and it worked, but has happened twice now. Very strange....

Users who are viewing this thread