5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie with Off Road package / air suspension - any way to level?

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
One of the things I like most about air suspension is for the ability for it to keep the vehicle level when towing, loaded, etc.... My truck has a significant rake (like you'd see in an empty truck) all the time; I'd prefer it be level.

I've also noticed that the rear drops less than the front.

Some measurements (on a level garage floor); floor to wheel arch I measured to tires to wheel arch as well, but this seemed easier to reproduce and easier to measure)

Offroad (highest setting)- Front: 38.5", rear 40.5"
Entry mode (lowest setting); Front 34.5", rear 37"

So the front moves 4", rear is 3.5"

The rake is fairly significant; over a 2' level (on the bed) it is about 1"!

I'm still running the stock tires (too frugal to replace perfectly good tires;), but I look forward to putting something a little bigger on when it is time. I might even go duratrac.

Other than the 12" screen flaking out at times (changing radio mode, dropping a call; neither frequently) I really don't have any complaints - rides nice, ridiculous acceleration (3.92 rear end helps;)), and no issues (again, other than the 12" screen and the non-levelness, but I suspect that is WAD (works as designed).

Editted to add - with my last vehicle you could get "Johnson Rods" for more lift. It appears the following might do the same for the Ram... anyone have experience with the company?

https://www.revelperformance.com/lifts/2019-ram-adjustable-air-leveling-links-set-of-four-links/

I'm not really looking to lift (well, maybe a little;) , just level it out better. I suppose I should see if the factory rods are adjustable... hmmm...

Last edited:

mjw930

Reaction score
No experience with that company but I’ve used the same method to adjust other air ride vehicles I’ve had. They are the best way to get what you are looking for. Just be aware that the rear, when all the way down in entry/exit is basically sitting on the bump stops so your best bet would be to raise the front, not lower the rear. In fact, I believe even the front in entry mode is almost on the bump stops. Raise the front to level it and you’ll be golden.

BTW, the proper way to adjust the height is with the computer but until someone cracks the ECM and gives you access to the suspension calibration you’re stuck with the mechanical option.

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
I have the off road package. How can I tell if it has air suspension?

horn1004

Reaction score
I ordered the revel links for my truck and was amazed at how easy it was. You put the truck in jack mode, pop out the factory links, put the new links in, and then take it out of jack mode. Took all of 5 minutes and your truck is level. Only bad thing with the revel links is you have to order a set of 4 which is 2 for the front and 2 for the back. If you’re only leveling you only need the 2 for the front.

bonebro

Reaction score
I ordered the revel links for my truck and was amazed at how easy it was. You put the truck in jack mode, pop out the factory links, put the new links in, and then take it out of jack mode. Took all of 5 minutes and your truck is level. Only bad thing with the revel links is you have to order a set of 4 which is 2 for the front and 2 for the back. If you’re only leveling you only need the 2 for the front.
@horn1004 want to sell the two you aren’t using?? Will the rear ones work on the front? Or are they different somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread