5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Weird laser sound

Shadowmike94

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2019 Ram Laramie and the other day when i got into my truck and started it i heard a weird sound coming from underneath the dash. The only way that i can describe it is like a laser from the movies. When the truck is turning over there's a quick , "PEW....PEW" sound and then it stops and never happens again. Then this morning i was leaving for work and again once i pushed the ignition button i heard the same sound. This time it was three times like, "PEW....PEW.....PEW" and then stopped. Everything in the truck is normal and the only thing I've done to it was added my pedal commander. I highly doubt its the pedal commander as i had it on my 2019 Ram Big Horn and never heard anything like this. Just curious as to what the weird sound is and if anyone with Laramie's have had the same thing happen to them.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2019 Ram Laramie and the other day when i got into my truck and started it i heard a weird sound coming from underneath the dash. The only way that i can describe it is like a laser from the movies. When the truck is turning over there's a quick , "PEW....PEW" sound and then it stops and never happens again. Then this morning i was leaving for work and again once i pushed the ignition button i heard the same sound. This time it was three times like, "PEW....PEW.....PEW" and then stopped. Everything in the truck is normal and the only thing I've done to it was added my pedal commander. I highly doubt its the pedal commander as i had it on my 2019 Ram Big Horn and never heard anything like this. Just curious as to what the weird sound is and if anyone with Laramie's have had the same thing happen to them.
Another member reported the same thing a few weeks ago, and it turned out it was an aftermarket security/tracking device installed by the dealer that the buyer had opted not to activate. Apparently, that dealer installs them on all new vehicles. Might want to check on that...

Extole

Reaction score
LOL, I was just about to post about this exact same thing! it literally sounds like a starwars x wing shooting laser beams or something. Just wanted to double check is this indeed the security tracking system and confirmed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online