5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie suddenly dies!

bassadict69

Reaction score
I used remote start this morning and warmed up the truck a few minutes. I left the house and got about 1/2 mile from the house and the truck just suddenly died. I was doing probably 35-40 mph when it died. It would crank right back up, idle fine, then die as soon as I would put it into gear. After 10-12 attempts, it finally stayed running in gear and died as I was pulling into the convenience store another mile or so down the road to turn around. After 10-12 more tries, I was able to park it and call for a ride.
- No warning lights
- Idles and ran fine, cranks right back up and idles great, until I put it into gear.

Any ideas?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that . Without throwing any codes it could be any number of things . Maybe it just didn’t turn on the cel and there’s a code stored ?

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Would a bad ground connection throw a code?
There are a few threads on here about bad ground connections.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

bassadict69

Reaction score
Regular...

UPDATE... The good news is that they had trouble moving it off the line and into the shop because it stalled every time they put it into gear. The bad news is that it never throws any codes.
Like I told the service advisor, "I sure hope you have a good old school mechanic that can troubleshoot rather than read an error code", I didn't get a response!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does it stall in reverse? Sounds like the ECU for whatever reason is not getting the signal for engine load. So many things to go wrong on vehicles these days

bassadict69

Reaction score
I wish I would have tried it...All I ever tried was going straight past reverse and neutral and into drive.

Ramster

Reaction score
Does it stall in reverse? Sounds like the ECU for whatever reason is not getting the signal for engine load. So many things to go wrong on vehicles these days
I had a Dakota that I could back out of the driveway on a cold start but five miles down the road if I put it in reverse it would die every time. Never did have it looked as everybody I talked to said it was the tranny. After about 3 years it finally did go out completely. Sold it "as is".

bassadict69

Reaction score
I was told today they found a harness connector that was smashed against the frame and they would be replacing it to see if that fixes the problem!

Boston

Reaction score
Have them test fuel pressure as well. But I suspect if the harness moved when it goes into gear they are on to something.

Please locate bad harness on truck so others can check theirs. Bet this is a recall material.

bassadict69

Reaction score
Truck is ready for me to pickup... the advisor said some wires coming out of the PDC were being pinched and causing the stall.

I also had them do the service bulletin for the screaming brakes in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread