5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie side mirrors

Gobassin

Reaction score
Before i bought my Ram, the dealership installed 2 replacemnet side mirrors. They work flawlessly with the exception ,when retracted both make contact with the window. It's not overwhelming ,just a noticeable slight thud. Is this supposed to happen?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Before i bought my Ram, the dealership installed 2 replacemnet side mirrors. They work flawlessly with the exception ,when retracted both make contact with the window. It's not overwhelming ,just a noticeable slight thud. Is this supposed to happen?
They don't make contact with the window; the thud is from it hitting internal stop. It's been discussed on here many times.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the dealer did something wrong, then maybe they touch, but they shouldn't. Like Vincent said, many people have brought up this issue in other threads, because they do sound like the hit, when hitting the stop, but don't. Put a piece of paper along the glass, and see if it traps it, when folding the mirrors. If it does, you do have something wrong, and the dealer should repair it.

Gobassin

Reaction score
If the dealer did something wrong, then maybe they touch, but they shouldn't. Like Vincent said, many people have brought up this issue in other threads, because they do sound like the hit, when hitting the stop, but don't. Put a piece of paper along the glass, and see if it traps it, when folding the mirrors. If it does, you do have something wrong, and the dealer should repair it.
I'm gonna look into this further. I need to determine how far its retracting, maybe with the window down. Just waiting for the weather to get better. Brrrr! Thanks for responding everbody!

Gobassin

Reaction score
I'm gonna look into this further. I need to determine how far its retracting, maybe with the window down. Just waiting for the weather to get better. Brrrr! Thanks for responding everbody!
Well, the weather is finally cooperating and I got out today to test my side mirrors. The mirrors don't make contact with the windows. The thud from the mirror stop was such that it made me think it made contact. Again, thanks for everyones response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/