5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Longhorn With Out Air Ride

Nick54

Reaction score
Called the dealer to ask if air ride could be added to my truck, he said no because it would require changing out many different modules that need to communicate with the system and therefore would be very expensive. Looking for either affirmation or denial if it can be done. Otherwise can it be added aftermarket without voiding the warranty?

NJC1684

Reaction score
Called the dealer to ask if air ride could be added to my truck, he said no because it would require changing out many different modules that need to communicate with the system and therefore would be very expensive. Looking for either affirmation or denial if it can be done. Otherwise can it be added aftermarket without voiding the warranty?

You can add Air Lift bags in the rear.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
You would be better off trading your truck.

From my experience with Mercedes and BMW, replacement airbags/shocks can cost upwards of $1000 per corner. Plus the cost of any modules, etc. Then you would have to pay for the install. First you would need to find someone competent to do it. (I doubt any dealer would touch it). Then finally you would likely still have to go to the dealer for programming your computer. Shoot we have to go to the dealer to activate cargo lights when they are installed aftermarket.

Vs. getting the option already installed - I believe the price or the air suspension is around $2000 or less installed from the factory. You could easily spend $4000-6000 or more trying to retrofit.

This ranks up there with installing a hemi into a v6 equipped truck or maybe slightly easier than installing a panoramic roof after market.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the air-ride is that much better than the coil-spring suspension. It might be a bit better on-road, but most guys prefer the coil-spring suspension offroad.
Why do you want to make the change? What's driving the thought of spending thousands of dollars for a slight improvement in ride? Do you need the lowering/raising capability?

41magmag41

Reaction score
The market is full of add on air bags for towing. The last time I looked $88.00 plus labor would do it for a median priced air bag kit. The ones I saw were very easy to install. Compress bag, slip it into the two rear springs and run your air lines.

Users who are viewing this thread