5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie 8.4 upgrade to 12.1 screen

Sean757

Reaction score
Guidance need !!! So I have a 2019 1500 Laramie … it has the 8.4 screen in it .. I bought a 12.1 OEM screen and bezel that came out of a 2019 3500 .. I only have the screen and bezel .. I took my 8.4 screen off and the 2 plugs are the same to plug right into the 12.1 .. but there is a 3rd plug for the AC . There is no place to plug on 12.1 screen .. anyone know what I need to do ?? I have no idea if this screen will even work with the factory modular for the 8.4 screen.. all the help is much appreciated

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guidance need !!! So I have a 2019 1500 Laramie … it has the 8.4 screen in it .. I bought a 12.1 OEM screen and bezel that came out of a 2019 3500 .. I only have the screen and bezel .. I took my 8.4 screen off and the 2 plugs are the same to plug right into the 12.1 .. but there is a 3rd plug for the AC . There is no place to plug on 12.1 screen .. anyone know what I need to do ?? I have no idea if this screen will even work with the factory modular for the 8.4 screen.. all the help is much appreciated
Search is your friend on here, but I'll tell you. You need the radio module for a 12". No way to make it work without. The screen is dumb and with out the module, it doesn't work. Plenty of info on this site about this swap.

Sean757

Reaction score
Search is your friend on here, but I'll tell you. You need the radio module for a 12". No way to make it work without. The screen is dumb and with out the module, it doesn't work. Plenty of info on this site about this swap.
So there is no plug and play with the modular that comes with the 8.4. 😫.. but any modular that is specifically for the 12 should work with the screen. Do I need to specific one to match the screen serial number I have ?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So there is no plug and play with the modular that comes with the 8.4. .. but any modular that is specifically for the 12 should work with the screen. Do I need to specific one to match the screen serial number I have ?

Lots of info in that thread. It's huge, but you will find all the info needed.

Users who are viewing this thread