5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 has knocking/rattling sound

Ram4141

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 19' Ram 1500 4x4 CC with about 33k miles on it. I like on a gravel road and every since I have owned it I have gotten a rattle/light knock in the front end when driving on gravel roads or rough roads. I have taken it to my local dealer 3 times now and they say they can't replicate the sound. There are no gravel roads near the dealership to make it make the sound. I asked them if they looked at the sway bar and I was told all suspension components are tight. This sound drives me nuts. Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks,

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
People complain about sway bar end links. Check them out. Also lower ball joints

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ram4141

Reaction score
Is there any way I can check them? I have no idea to tell if they are bad.

ArtieD

Reaction score
You can try to grab the sway bar and shake it around to see if there is movement , Also jack the front tire off the ground ,jack from frame not on any of the control arms , grab the tire and shake it around see if anything is moving side to side , just make sure truck is chocked at rear and is secure on jack , use a pry bar under tire and see if there is any up and down movement you may need a second person, if there is anything loose you will definitly see or hear it
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online