5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Fender Flares & Spacers

Reaction score
I have the flares on my truck, you might want to consider using some clear vinyl tape where the rubber touches the truck otherwise they will quickly rub the paint off at the contact point. I used it it’s a little more work but a lot of piece of mind.

That's good advice for everyone for sure.

I actually already have everything ready for the install. I've got 1/8 tape, I plan on using that to outline the rubber seal. I've also got 1/2" PPF to tape to put on under the flare rubber seal.

For sure it's extra work installing and reinstalling the flares twice and removing the liner bolts 4 times but I agree it's worth the extra work. I had these flares on my 2500 Ram and I seen what the rubbing does first hand.

Even bought myself an electric ratchet because I know last year taking the fender liner bolts out takes too long with a regular ratchet. 40 bolts removed and installed 4 times is a lot of fine thread bolts to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread