5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Fender Flares & Spacers

KoryC

Reaction score
I couldn’t find many 5th gen posts with fender flares. Thought I would share.
Stock then Rough country Flares then 2 inch coyote hub centric spacers on stock tires.

Without spacers tires looked sucked in to me. Very happy with current look. I’ll get larger tires when factory ones wear out.

Also have 2.5 level.

Attachments

• FE2F775A-6AD7-4D4D-BAB2-977D532285AC.jpeg
    FE2F775A-6AD7-4D4D-BAB2-977D532285AC.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 3895B106-E78C-4818-8B00-C5CE4C336B96.jpeg
    3895B106-E78C-4818-8B00-C5CE4C336B96.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 239
  • FB84F18F-663A-446E-B326-67982EB1F962.jpeg
    FB84F18F-663A-446E-B326-67982EB1F962.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 227

Samseed15

Reaction score
Awesome! I just installed rc other fender flares and my stocks looks....not so good.. does 2" spacers rub in the front?
I couldn’t find many 5th gen posts with fender flares. Thought I would share.
Stock then Rough country Flares then 2 inch coyote hub centric spacers on stock tires.

Without spacers tires looked sucked in to me. Very happy with current look. I’ll get larger tires when factory ones wear out.

Also have 2.5 level.
20210313_130926.jpg

Reaction score
View attachment 85618
Got colour match bushwhacker pocket flares with blacked hardware :) love the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been debating between the extend-a-fender and the pocket flares you have. I was leaning towards the extend-a-fender because the smooth look is nice and I’m not a fan of the bolts really. BUT I have since found out that you can order black bolts which would be WAY better then the stainless steel style, that I can handle. I had these flares on my lifted truck (2007 Ram 2500) and liked them but didn’t like the stainless steel bolt.

The other thing swaying me to the pocket flares is found Chrysler Dealer selling them really cheap $200 cheaper then any online retailer in Canada. Don’t know how they can sell them that much cheaper, but I don’t care lol. So with black bolts and great deal I am leaning towards these. I will be getting them paint matched as well, I think they look better that way. I like them, but I don’t want them to stick out and I think non-colour match ones draw too much attention to them.

I have a few questions.... The website shows these show both 1500 and 2500, for sure 1500 is the style that is cut around the fuel tank door? 2500 seems like it doesn’t do that.

I have the factory 5 spoke rims, with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35sx11.5 will these look ok? my tires are ever so slightly outside of my fenders because of the sidewall tread. I might in the future get some BORA wheel spacers or new off-set rims in the future but for now I will be keeping the factory rims on.

I have Weather Tech mudflaps, my guess is that these will no longer work with these pocket flares?

Chris VB

Reaction score
I’ve been debating between the extend-a-fender and the pocket flares you have. I was leaning towards the extend-a-fender because the smooth look is nice and I’m not a fan of the bolts really. BUT I have since found out that you can order black bolts which would be WAY better then the stainless steel style, that I can handle. I had these flares on my lifted truck (2007 Ram 2500) and liked them but didn’t like the stainless steel bolt.

The other thing swaying me to the pocket flares is found Chrysler Dealer selling them really cheap $200 cheaper then any online retailer in Canada. Don’t know how they can sell them that much cheaper, but I don’t care lol. So with black bolts and great deal I am leaning towards these. I will be getting them paint matched as well, I think they look better that way. I like them, but I don’t want them to stick out and I think non-colour match ones draw too much attention to them.

I have a few questions.... The website shows these show both 1500 and 2500, for sure 1500 is the style that is cut around the fuel tank door? 2500 seems like it doesn’t do that.

I have the factory 5 spoke rims, with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35sx11.5 will these look ok? my tires are ever so slightly outside of my fenders because of the sidewall tread. I might in the future get some BORA wheel spacers or new off-set rims in the future but for now I will be keeping the factory rims on.

I have Weather Tech mudflaps, my guess is that these will no longer work with these pocket flares?

Yes the cut out is on the 1500. And I’d advise a new neg- offset wheel before Id put spacers on mind you spacers are much much cheaper. I personally dislike the look of the tire inside the flare. These are to compliment large tires. Mine are about 3/4” outside the pocket flare with a -44 offset and 13.5” wide tires. I love the black bolts with my black out badging ;) flares,paint, bolts and install $1000 CAD

Reaction score
Yes the cut out is on the 1500. And I’d advise a new neg- offset wheel before Id put spacers on mind you spacers are much much cheaper. I personally dislike the look of the tire inside the flare. These are to compliment large tires. Mine are about 3/4” outside the pocket flare with a -44 offset and 13.5” wide tires. I love the black bolts with my black out badging ;) flares,paint, bolts and install $1000 CAD

Yeah there is a dealer in Vaughan that is selling the pocket flares for $450cdn tax in. Waiting to see how much they will paint them for me. I can install myself.

As for the wheel spacers, I am going with Bora which are highly recommended not just on this forum, but on other manufacturers forums. I've done lots of research and I'm satisfied with wheel spacers plus they have been around a long time. I don't offroad, just 401 from Durham to Toronto everyday so there will not be the same stress on time as offloading.

I really like my factory rims so I don't have an immediate need for aftermarket rims. I just had my factory rims powder coated black last year. Maybe down the road I'll get aftermarket when my tires need replacing for now wheel spacers.

2" rear and 1.5" front will put me low 2" outside of the wheel well. Which will look good with the flares. I don't want the tires going past my fenders or flares. I want then slightly in to prevent rock damage.

Reaction score
Almost got some 2" BORA spacers from a guy in Orangeville for $100 but they sold before I could get them. For spacers that cost $430cdn shipped here it was an amazing deal.

Reaction score

Also just wondering where did you get it all done for $1000?

I paid $450 for fender flares, $61 for black bolt kit and I've been quoted $600 for paint from one person so far. So about $1100.

I'm not sure if $600cdn is too much for painting these without install...

Chris VB

Reaction score
Also just wondering where did you get it all done for $1000?

I paid $450 for fender flares, $61 for black bolt kit and I've been quoted $600 for paint from one person so far. So about $1100.

I'm not sure if $600cdn is too much for painting these without install...

4wheelparts Burlington. I think I got a deal because I spent 15K with them.. better give me a deal lol

Reaction score
4wheelparts Burlington. I think I got a deal because I spent 15K with them.. better give me a deal lol

Yeah for sure, spending 15K deserves a deal... I dealt with 4wheelparts as well.

Paint prices have been all over the places for me so far. I have had ranges from $250 to $600 so far on paint. As for install, I have had one price for $800 (he was originally $1000 but when I saw "WOW, Ok thanks anyhow" at the price he dropped it to $600 paint / $800 paint & install. Facebook market people were the higher range.

I leaning towards the $250 painter (they do not install) not because of the cheaper price (which I figured painting fenders should probably be between $200-400) but because they are a local shop in Whitby where I live, they have been in business for over 40 years. The Facebook people are either trying to rip me off or the local shop near me may have better contacts with paint suppliers etc because of the length of time they have been in business..

$450 fenders + 250 paint = $700 and I can install myself, that is more like it pricewise. If I pay someone to install probably won't be $300.

Reaction score
After test fitting the flares I realized that the they don't go around the factory flares but they have to be removed. So the plastic piece is now off. Got me thinking if it would be worth cutting up the factory guards so that they cab be put on and meet up with the bushwacker flares.

Having them removed doesn't look bad, it just looks like under the doors in the cab. Just doesn't hide the lip. No biggy. This will not work for the front fender thing because it the bushwacker takes up most of the fender near the door.

So worth it or not?

Tape shows where I would be cutting so I could reattached the narrow part.

20210403_183804.jpg

20210403_180032.jpg 20210403_180005.jpg

Chris VB

Reaction score
I’m on the fence about cutting those .
I thought about it before I brought my truck in then just decided to remove them. I personally no longer have the option as 4WParts kept them... what ev.
I guess if it doesn’t look good you just take them off and it still looks good ;)

Chris VB

Reaction score
Here’s without, incase you didn’t have a picture. Front and rear IMG_5744.jpg
IMG_5743.jpg

Reaction score
I'll probably leave them off but I'll wait and see once I get the flares installed after they get painted. I don't think it looks bad or abnormal without them. I don't care about cutting them because even if I don't like them that's fine cause what am I gonna do with them anyhow.

I will be selling my Weathertech mudflaps that I just put on a few months ago. Now that they are useless to me. No sense keeping them around.

Chris VB

Reaction score
Love these flares just not sure how good the bolts look on ivory tri cost

They make a model called extend-a-flare. It’s paintable as well, same profile, no bolts. Bolts come chrome stock I bought the black for $40

Reaction score
They make a model called extend-a-flare. It’s paintable as well, same profile, no bolts. Bolts come chrome stock I bought the black for $40

The extend-a-flares were the ones I was looking at getting (until I got an amazing deal on the pocket flares). They are slightly higher on the rear 6.10" compared to 5.25 for the pocket flares. But tire coverage is the same, 2" rear and 2.5 front.

Just got my black bolt kit today, they were on backorder from BW. Now I'm just waiting for my flares to get painted at the paint shop.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
The extend-a-flares were the ones I was looking at getting (until I got an amazing deal on the pocket flares). They are slightly higher on the rear 6.10" compared to 5.25 for the pocket flares. But tire coverage is the same, 2" rear and 2.5 front.

Just got my black bolt kit today, they were on backorder from BW. Now I'm just waiting for my flares to get painted at the paint shop.
I have the flares on my truck, you might want to consider using some clear vinyl tape where the rubber touches the truck otherwise they will quickly rub the paint off at the contact point. I used it it’s a little more work but a lot of piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread