5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dodge RAM power running board damaged car wash

technicholas

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just purchased my 2019 Dodge RAM in November of this year. I was going through a full service car wash and the power running boards got torn off the vehicle. I alerted the car wash manager they said is that after market? I said no it's factory... well you will have to come back tomorrow. I called the corporate office to express my concerns. They will call me back. Attached are some pictures of the damage.

Note: I deployed the running boards to get them clean they get extremely dirty and today they had sand all over them. I have done this and have had no issues till today.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 280
  • 7B88581F-26E8-4A83-BA12-821C3B88B395.jpeg
    7B88581F-26E8-4A83-BA12-821C3B88B395.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Browny10783

Reaction score
I think it says in manual not to deploy when going through auto washes. I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear. I normally just hand wash the top of step after

dbogcpa

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me, did you get it fixed? Can the bracket just be replaced or does the whole step have to be replaced?

technicholas

Reaction score
Hi guys, I took mine to a welder it is fixed - it just needs to be reinstalled it's been cold here in Iowa. RAM needs to make the bracket.

jimwjones

Reaction score
I've been trying to source the brackets for 2 months since mine ripped off. Would be a 10 minute fix if mopar would sell me just the brackets. It's crazy that they only sell the whole assembly. AMP says they do not manufacture them for mopar. I'd love to find who the bracket supplier is...

Thumbs5th

Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread because I was brain dead and deployed my steps in the car wash. I now have one in the bed. The linkage brackets appear to be aluminum and would be very easy to replace if I could find a source. Does anyone know where to we may be able to get them? Mopar will sell the complete hinge assembly for $180 for the rear and ~$380 for the front.

Last edited:

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Im not sure I would have the balls to deploy in a automatic carwash.
Maybe see if there are any hinges in a salvage yard or search eBay.
Tom

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity is this happening in a soft touch wash or touch-less?

Users who are viewing this thread