5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dodge Ram Humming Issues

JIM DEPLANTY

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased my 2019 Ram Bighorn in AUGUST 2019 and to date have 8700 frustrating miles on it. It seems this truck is plagued with the familiar loud intermittent humming noise. Can tell when it will rear it's ugly head. So far it has been in the shop 4 times and the service dept. has not yet been able to diagnose the problem. Fortunately for me they have heard the awful annoying noise so they know that I am not crazy. Last week it happened again. I shut the truck off and restarted it and the noise goes away. Called the dealership last week and they told me they would look for any new updates from Chrysler and get back to me. I hadn't heard anything back so I called them today. Was told that there isn't anything they can do until the noise comes back and to bring it back in so they can see if they can figure it out again. Problem is, never know when it is going to happen. The trucks problem doesn't always show itself during the dealerships business hours. I am at my wits end with this truck. Am considering getting a lawyer and pressuring the lemon law. Don't really want to go that route. Any suggestions?

The intermittent humming is the ANC (active noise cancellation) acting up. There is a technical service bulletin for this issue. Others have reported that having someone sit in the back seat can replicate the noise

Hello, I purchased my 2019 Ram Bighorn in AUGUST 2019 and to date have 8700 frustrating miles on it. It seems this truck is plagued with the familiar loud intermittent humming noise. Can tell when it will rear it's ugly head. So far it has been in the shop 4 times and the service dept. has not yet been able to diagnose the problem. Fortunately for me they have heard the awful annoying noise so they know that I am not crazy. Last week it happened again. I shut the truck off and restarted it and the noise goes away. Called the dealership last week and they told me they would look for any new updates from Chrysler and get back to me. I hadn't heard anything back so I called them today. Was told that there isn't anything they can do until the noise comes back and to bring it back in so they can see if they can figure it out again. Problem is, never know when it is going to happen. The trucks problem doesn't always show itself during the dealerships business hours. I am at my wits end with this truck. Am considering getting a lawyer and pressuring the lemon law. Don't really want to go that route. Any suggestions?

Hey Jim,

I apologize for the frustration you have had to deal with. Have you had a chance to engage customer care at all in your situation? Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message to provide additional details of your situation. We would be happy to learn more to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Next time it happens, quick crack a window. If it goes away, it's the ANC.

I had a cyclic hum consistently at 72 mph on flat ground with cruise on. First visit got the blowoff. Then I got a survey from Chrysler so I emailed the service department and mentioned the survey and asked what they wanted it to say. They called me and set an appointment and did the reprogramming on the ANC. The problem has not recurred. Not even once. TSB 08-056-19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back