5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dead Battery

jljbtm

Reaction score
So I go out to my truck tonight (2019 1500 Limited)and the driverside running board is out but not the pass side and the orange triangle light in both mirrors is on. The door unlocked and i go in and push the start button and everything goes dead for about 10sec. and then the lights come back on, try again and the same thing happens.
I just happen to have a DVOM under the back seat and I checked the battery voltage and its like 6.5V WTF no warnings, no red lights just a dead battery so it left me stranded.
I'll get a new battery in the morning but it should have been able to tell me the battery is getting weak or was there a clue and I didnt see it?
3years and 65,000 miles I should have known better on a V8, My wifes 2016 4cyl is still good and my 4cyl Miata is still going strong. Let me know what you think, thanks for listening to my little rant Jack

RedFred

Reaction score
So I go out to my truck tonight (2019 1500 Limited)and the driverside running board is out but not the pass side and the orange triangle light in both mirrors is on. The door unlocked and i go in and push the start button and everything goes dead for about 10sec. and then the lights come back on, try again and the same thing happens.
I just happen to have a DVOM under the back seat and I checked the battery voltage and its like 6.5V WTF no warnings, no red lights just a dead battery so it left me stranded.
I'll get a new battery in the morning but it should have been able to tell me the battery is getting weak or was there a clue and I didnt see it?
3years and 65,000 miles I should have known better on a V8, My wifes 2016 4cyl is still good and my 4cyl Miata is still going strong. Let me know what you think, thanks for listening to my little rant Jack

It has nothing to do with a V8. I just changed the original battery in my 2015 Ram hemi as a precaution. I thought, it's 7 years old, it's only a matter of time at this point, but it was still going strong when I pulled it. But if you do a search, the dead battery issue seems to come up a lot with the 2019's. I'm not sure why or if there is a fix. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Hmmm 2019, my luck.
But shouldnt a light come on or something to tell you its wearing out?
like the oil change minder tells you how much time is left on your oil life?

Users who are viewing this thread