5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 bighorn squeak RF over bumps.

Nwono

Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow ram owners,

I noticed when I drive with the windows down there’s a squeak coming from the RF suspension area when I hit a decent sized bump or rough patch of road. It almost sounds like a bird chirping. I don’t think it’s the body mount tsb or anything to do with the sway bar. The guide pins for the calipers have grease around the boot area. I did put it on the drive on lift at work and checked out the area for loose bolts or components and everything looks good for the most part. Got the truck a week ago and it only has 300 miles on it.

Nick

5BB1C129-009F-40F2-A1C4-4D826011A5FA.jpeg

Nwono

Reaction score
I believe I fixed it. I took the brake pads out on the passenger front and applied silicone paste to the pads where they slide into the caliper bracket and also where the caliper contacts the pads. So far I've driven it 20-30 miles and have not heard the squeak.

Nwono

Reaction score
After about 50-75 miles the squeak has come back.:mad: may try the reddish orange brake squeak stuff since its a little thicker.

Truckin

Reaction score
After about 50-75 miles the squeak has come back.:mad: may try the reddish orange brake squeak stuff since its a little thicker.
Do you have a 'level kit' on your truck? It is far too common for those types on noises after a spacer type lift installation. While it could still be the brakes, it could also just be that when you lifted the truck to remove the brake pads what you really did was flex the suspension changing the noise temporarily.

Nwono

Reaction score
All stock just hit 400 miles.
Do you have a 'level kit' on your truck? It is far too common for those types on noises after a spacer type lift installation. While it could still be the brakes, it could also just be that when you lifted the truck to remove the brake pads what you really did was flex the suspension changing the noise temporarily.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I think I have the same RF squeak, almost exactly as you described. Took it to the dealer today and they weren't able to resolve it. Taking it back next Friday for another look.

Would be nice to tell them what to look for specifically, if you know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread